Question about muffler delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I deleted my muffler 5K ago on my 17 5.7. Feels like I lost a little on the low end and my MPG is a little worse. I hear that this is due to lack of back pressure but I love the way it sounds! Would it be better to install a little single chamber muffler or a X pipe?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you go with a muffler that has the same pipe size that is freer flowing, that low end issue will correct itself.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't care what anyone says, adding a muffler to our trucks will have an impact on low end performance (more than likely will make it up on the high end). I've had 5 4th gen rams, all of them have had either a full catback or just muffler swaps from Magnaflow 14, 18, 24, FM 50HD, FM Super 40. On My new '17 I am leaving the factory suite case muffler and deleting the rear resonators for a little volume and adding 5" tips.

My two cents.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I actually noticed a little mid-range gain when I put my Gibson mwa on. First muffler I've had that I've noticed a difference, seems to revise quicker

moparpeetie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't care what anyone says, adding a muffler to our trucks will have an impact on low end performance (more than likely will make it up on the high end). I've had 5 4th gen rams, all of them have had either a full catback or just muffler swaps from Magnaflow 14, 18, 24, FM 50HD, FM Super 40. On My new '17 I am leaving the factory suite case muffler and deleting the rear resonators for a little volume and adding 5" tips.

My two cents.

Deleting your resonators will not increase volume... they prevent drone, yes even with that huge muffler. I deleted my muffler completely, I didnt lose any low end that I noticed.(3:55 gears) I left the resonators, no drone. Just the sweet sound of a singing Hemi!!!!!!
The 5" tips will change the tone for the better though, and they look badass

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I feel that my motor runs smoother and has better power with my Carven over the stock muffler, not saying it has more power just seems like its in a better rpm now.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Deleting your resonators will not increase volume... they prevent drone, yes even with that huge muffler. I deleted my muffler completely, I didnt lose any low end that I noticed.(3:55 gears) I left the resonators, no drone. Just the sweet sound of a singing Hemi!!!!!!
The 5" tips will change the tone for the better though, and they look badass
Ok for the dual, but on the single side exit the resonator delete will increase volume.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Deleting the resonators WILL make the exhaust louder. I had mine removed a few months ago. Removing them made my exhaust louder and more throaty