Quick exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im taking my 07 hemi in on this friday for a new exhaust system.Now true duels are 550 and the 2 into one muffler and duel out to the corners of my bumper is 350.Are true duels worth it?? I dont have headers only CAI

GotExhaust.com

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You won't see the benefit of true duals without other supporting mods. Not to say they wouldn't increase your raw #'s on a dyno if properly built/sized, but you'd be hard pressed to justify the extra money spent for what might be a minimal sound/power improvement.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
If done right true duals can help out, but as the other guys said you must do other mods to get the benefits. Plus you MUST install a crossover pipe between the 2 exhaust systems or you will start popping codes left and right, not to mention the scavenging of gasses will suffer.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Just do the single in 2 out and save the $200 for another mod

I agree, if horsepower is what you want, then get an e-cutout and install before the 2 into 1.........I agree to disagree about any ''backpressure'' issue's.

OP
OP
norsman

norsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well got my new exhaust on,went with the single 3 inch into a serious 10 flowmaster with 2 1/2 out dual to the corners with 4 inch tips.Sounds great,trying to load pics I always have a problem on this site :(

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Well got my new exhaust on,went with the single 3 inch into a serious 10 flowmaster with 2 1/2 out dual to the corners with 4 inch tips.Sounds great,trying to load pics I always have a problem on this site :(

ya need a public photo medium....I use flicker,
Here's what I do'''''take a cell phone pic, send it e-mail to my pc , download.....go to flicker.com and register,press the upload photo,( you have to select all the photos, then select ''upload''.) click on picture, select size, click on picture again, right click ,select copy url address, go to ramform press reply, select the 5th icon from the right. delete the box, and paste your copied url address. press ok......voila!!:********: :birgits_tiredcoffee