radio display question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12silverhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
Hello, searching the internet and found this site so I just joined and maybe can get some help with my question. The truck is a '12 1500. I have a single CD radio with sat and mp3 input. I dont use anything other than the Sirius and I noticed today that on the display the word info is always illuminated. Since this has happened it has also changed the display so it no longer shows the channel I am on. Only other thing I have noticed is, and it happened twice, while making a right hand turn the radio on its own changed channels. Anyone have any experience like this? or any ideas on what the issue might be? Thanks

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You did not provide a lot of information about the system you have

however,

I will guess that you have the RES radio.
The radio should have a three letter code on the bottom right corner.
You can also go to this website to identify your system: Uconnect | Support | System Identification

Info light - I think you need to push the info button on your radio to clear this.
Someone probably pushed it, you need to push it again.

Changing channels while turning - If your truck is equipped similar to mine, there are buttons on the back of the steering wheel at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions.
Basically 3 buttons on each side - an "UP", "DOWN" and "center round button"
If so, you probably hit one buttons on the left side (which changes the channel) when you were turning.
The Buttons on the right should control the volume.

It's possible that you don't have an issue.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP

12silverhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
Its none of those, its similar to the first 2 pictured as I have no phone button in the upper control but I have the buttons to the sides of the display as in the second picture. I also dont have any control buttons at the back of the steering wheel.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, there is no sales code on the radio?
(Lower right corner)

any controls on the front of your steering wheel?

My 2012 came with the 130S/RES radio, single CD with UConnect - (Phone and voice command)
The only time anything on the radio ever changed when I turned the steering wheel,
was when I accidently hit the steering wheel buttons when I first got the truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

12silverhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
It is a 130 with sat. code RES & RSC from what I can tell from the manual. There are no steering wheel mounted radio controls. I do not have UConnect either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca