Radio just stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrsdar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2018 1500,
Last night my radio just stopped working, the channel still is lit, I can still switch from AM/FM/
Any ideas??????
Thanks

18ram18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
well documented issue. I wish i had a fix. Mine will start working whenever it feels like it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So when you say it "just stopped working" do you mean just no sound?

Which head unit do you have? Can you select other channels? Are your pre-set channels still there? Do the other functions work?

If so I suspect an amplifier issue.

2018Ram1500Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am having a similar issue:
Made a phone call using Bluetooth and when ending the call, the screen on dashboard kept the call on but my phone screen showed the call was ended. A week later now it still shows the phone screen as 1:48 “on call” but not connected to a phone. I use Bluetooth for everything, the truck is my daily driver. No radio, no Bluetooth, no phone call. Reverse camera still working. Now, the halos on the dashboard spedo and tack stay on even after locking doors to truck. Draining battery until I start up the truck again. Is this a dealership issue (not covered by warranty anymore) or is it a bad fuse?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bad fuse, doubt it. Sounds like something needs to be reflashed, like the radio IOS, but just a thought. U could try pulling cables on truck for like 15 minutes and try and do a soft reset.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
My 15 8.4 vp4 radio used to stop working after a phone call random. Would have to shut truck off and back on. When I did a update awhile back it stopped doing it.