radio/nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul bogo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 mega cab
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've got the 2006 mega cab with radio/nav multi cd. The screen goes out most of the time but comes back on for a few min. The music still plays but cant change any stations / nav on radio or steering wheel. The only place I can change it is the pre set buttons. is something loose or is the radio foobard ?

tartan72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have any problem with my screen cutting out, but the navigation system is next to worthless. I have a 2007 Ram 1500 Big Horn edition with factory nav. The thing can't find its' butt with both hands. More than half the time it says that places that have been there as well as roads that I know have been there fifteen years do not show up on the system. Any time I get off main roads, it tells me I am in an unmapped area and to proceed with caution. My own house is in one of these areas. The cost to update the map is $150 bucks. I find that funny since I have two hand held Garmins that are older than my truck and they both show all the places the factory system can't find. Just saying - POS - I do like the truck very much. Wish I had not gotten the factory nav system. My phone does much better.