radio replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
i have a 04 quad cab with the infinity system in it. i bought a new radio that is gonna b put in. i have run into a slight issue though. i have come across 2 options to hook up my radio. 1 is a $130 piece that crutchfield sells(found out it doesnt work on 1500s). the other option is to get a bypass connector and hook it up to the radio. has anyone ever run into this issue before and if so how did they fix it?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What head unit did you get?

OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
i got a Clarion CZ401. Its nothing special, i just wanted to change out the factory radio because i am puttin in a 300watt amp and a rockford 10" shallowmount sub in. just to add just a lil bass

DodgeGirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi Sport
Soooo i'm confused...

If you found out that this $130 piece doesn't work in 1500s, then wouldn't your only option be to buy the bypass like you said and hook the deck up that way??

OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
i know that vehicle models from 02 on up require an adapter to hook up a aftermarket radio to retain your door chimes, etc. i was unsure if the '04 with the infinity system in it requires a can-bus adapter like PAC makes or if it can be directly hooked up using a simple bypass. i was trying to find out if anyone else had run into this issue.

OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
all that i am wanting to do is: replace the factory radio with an aftermarket clarion, add in a amp and a sub, at the same time i am going to use the current speakers in the doors. i am also aware that unless i buy the adapter for my steering wheel controls, they will not work(that is fine with me, i dont use them). i just want to make sure that everything else is going to work(my door chimes, and all of that other stuff)

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I don't think 04s are CANBUS. You should just be able to use a regular 15 dollar harness to install it. I don't think CANBUS started till 06

OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
ok i appreciate it. i'll try usin just the plain wiring harness when i get home in a few months. i appreciate it

moops

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I realize this is an old thread, but did you ever get your head unit installed? Run into any problems?