Radio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hound Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 and 2015
Engine
Hi all I am new to electronics so I ordered a 84AN package from infotainment on 7/10 and as of 7/15 still no tracking info. I was after 3 calls able to speak to a person and they said it maybe another week till it ships. Is this the norm when buying radios?
I did buy a fog light harness from a member here and it was smooth deal and fast.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi all I am new to electronics so I ordered a 84AN package from infotainment on 7/10 and as of 7/15 still no tracking info. I was after 3 calls able to speak to a person and they said it maybe another week till it ships. Is this the norm when buying radios?
I did buy a fog light harness from a member here and it was smooth deal and fast.
They are probably waiting to find one at the salvage yard to send you...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hound Dog

Hound Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 and 2015
Engine
The web site says in stock and ready to ship?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The web site says in stock and ready to ship?
My personal opinion, cancel your order and find the parts yourself for half the price. You will end up with the same product or better if you find a newer UAQ/UAS radio...

Full disclosure, I'm not a fan of infotainment (formerly OEM Auto Parts).

OP
OP
Hound Dog

Hound Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 and 2015
Engine
Good advise, it is hard to get them to answer the phone, they sat it is 15% restocking fee but they did notship yet so I do not know what it would cost to cancel order.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Good advise, it is hard to get them to answer the phone, they sat it is 15% restocking fee but they did notship yet so I do not know what it would cost to cancel order.
Same crappy company, new name. They charged me $50 to replace my LockPick under warranty a couple of months after purchase.

OP
OP
Hound Dog

Hound Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 and 2015
Engine
Still have not received my radio package from infotainment, they said here is a problem getting parts?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Still have not received my radio package from infotainment, they said here is a problem getting parts?
Then there can be no restocking fee charged if there is nothing to restock...no?

OP
OP
Hound Dog

Hound Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 and 2015
Engine
Yes, but you know how these company's work. I will give them another day and see what happens. I ordered it early to get in time for my birthday but not looking good.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I found a UAS on car-parts.com, there are other sites also. There is a lot of discussion about swapping out original radio for UAS or UAQ, I recommend searching through. You can find radios for $500-900 in good shape, make sure you get security code or donor VIN to make it easy to get security code.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I found a UAS on car-parts.com, there are other sites also. There is a lot of discussion about swapping out original radio for UAS or UAQ, I recommend searching through. You can find radios for $500-900 in good shape, make sure you get security code or donor VIN to make it easy to get security code.
I paid $300 for a 2019 in perfect condition.

OP
OP
Hound Dog

Hound Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 and 2015
Engine
Thank you for the info, I am not that savvy at this I need a package and plug and play. I did add fog lights with the help of Grimm

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thank you for the info, I am not that savvy at this I need a package and plug and play. I did add fog lights with the help of Grimm
The UAS or UAQ is a direct plug in item. I had basic radio and it was 15 minutes from start to finish. You do need the 8.4 bezel, which you can probably find here, on eBay or from infotainment. Steps are take 2 screws out of indent at top of dash above radio, pull bezel from that handle and it pops off, then take out 12-14 or so screws to remove AC unit, put AC unit into new bezel, screw new bezel to main console you removed in step 2, 4 screws to remove radio, unplug wires and main harness had lever that swings over to release, plug all that into new radio, 4 screws to put new radio in, bezel in console snaps back in place 2 screws in top, then turn on radio and enter security code. If you have SiriusXM call them and give them your model or serial number(can't remember which), and enjoy. If you have back up camera in rear view mirror you can have it appear in radio also, Mpgrimm2 has cable for that.

OP
OP
Hound Dog

Hound Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 and 2015
Engine
up date still no radio package shipped, after today if not shipped I am canceling the order. This was ordered on 7/10 and they say things are back ordered. I wanted it for my birth day 8/1 but looks like will not happen.
I will never recommend this company and they are on this web site as a sponsor ?
If anyone knows where I can get a package deal please let me know.

OP
OP
Hound Dog

Hound Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 and 2015
Engine
just canceled the infotainment order they said it may be another 2 weeks and offered expedited free shipping I said no your crazy you have my money and I do not have my radio. Lets see if I get my money back.

Pparker74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered a radio from infotainment on7/1. When I made the order the salesman forgot to mention they didn’t have the unit in stock. I later found out that their supplier went out of business. As of yesterday I canceled my order with them. I was able to individually order everything from various places. It was a pain in the ass, but I saved my self 600 bucks. Cancel your order you’ll probably be waiting forever!

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I did canceled and got my money back.

Good move. Now head over to car-part.com and search for a radio several times a day. As soon as you see one for a good price, buy it. Then contact MPGrimm2 at M2 Mods on this forum. He will hook you up with all the stuff you need to do the swap. Unlike Infotainment, he will provide timely support in the unlikely event you have trouble.

In the last month I think I have seen 2 - 3 threads where folks bought stuff from Infotainment and then came here for support. They contacted Infotainment but either did not get the issue resolved or were put off for weeks. Additionally, they are the ones driving up the price of the UAQ/UAS radios on the used market. They have people watching for them to come up for sale by the wrecking yards and jump on them. Many wrecking yards have become wise to this and raised the price accordingly.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93