Radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lewisfiremedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My oem radio is going bad, just wondering if it's worth upgrading the dash unit and trying to get caps for the semi-circles on the sides of the radio for the bezel (avoiding buying a new bezel), or just take the easy road and get an oem replacement radio.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I believe crutchfield has a dash kit that replaces the center section so you can add a double din radio for about $20 I think

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

lewisfiremedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you for the reply, ill look on their site

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since your truck didn't come with factory navigation, you will have to get a new center dash piece from the dealership. The non navigation radios are din and a half size so to install a double din you will need the factory navigation radio bezel. You will still need the double din dash kit with it as well. Unless you're good with a dremel and custom stuff you can modify the one you have but that takes a good bit of skill and time.

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Custom is the best way if you can swing it. I'm working on one now. With this you won't have a gaudy black trim ring and you still maintain the bottom cubby. Just have to paint mine and install it.

bezel_zpsrsqpg6xk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Treeshark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 ST 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8
Din? Haven't heard this one before. What is it?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Din? Haven't heard this one before. What is it?

It's the way radios are measured. Single din radios are the "normal" size aftermarket radios that aren't touch screen and don't play movies or anything like that. Double din radios are the ones that usually have a full touch screen and can have navigation and play DVDs. Unfortunately chrysler likes to put 1.5 din radios in their vehicles so it makes it a pain to try to install a double din.

The picture above shows the center bezel modified for a double din size radio.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I bought one of those China made oem knock off all in one radios. It was great for the 6 months that it worked. One day it just went crazy and nothing worked anymore aside from the am/fm. I had no idea Dodge had a factory dvd/gps (RB1) that was compatible with my '02, had I known this last year I would've got one , so now I am shopping for an RB1.

CLIFF0RD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

CLIFF0RD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Custom is the best way if you can swing it. I'm working on one now. With this you won't have a gaudy black trim ring and you still maintain the bottom cubby. Just have to paint mine and install it.

bezel_zpsrsqpg6xk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What did you use as a back piece in the semi circles to allow the bondo to adhere? What materiel? How did you attach it to the back of the bezel? Just bought an 08 and want to do the exact same thing. But I was just going to plastidip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk