Ram 1500 add oem subwoofer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtbikeripper36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey looking for some help and info I currently have a 2014 ram 1500 and it does not have a subwoofer that came factory. I saw on eBay I can get the factory subwoofer for under the seat with box and wire to plug in.. Looking under my truck seat I see the plug but it has no wire to it I believe.

What would I need to spend and do to install this into my factory head unit also what else would I need to buy does it need an amp or can I run it right into the head unit ... Or is all the hassle not worth it? Any advice would help thank you !

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its part of the alpine package and you would need that system to make it work. My advice is go aftermarket, it'll be easier and cost less in the end.

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is sort of prewired also and i have the base audio setup. I followed the wires and they run to a harness plug in the passenger kick panel. But the other side of the plug has no wires. Those wires would have run to the amp located under the drivers side dash. You lack that amp and the wires. I do too.

As stated its for the ones with the alpine upgrade.

You could use it still. It would just be a custom stock perfect fit sub box and sub. Then add ur own aftermarket amp. Im sure its a low power requirement sub. So a small amp is all u need. However when I was looking at a new Ram, I had drove a Laramie Quad Cab with the Alpine upgrade. As an audiophile, I was unimpressed overall.

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea the kicker one would be best but doesnt fit flush under a fold flat floor. And its on drivers side so its under seat footprint is smaller. Sounds better im sure also

Kenny kustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I had the dealer throw In the kicker for the under driver rear seat in my 2500.

It's just ok. I'm glad I didn't spend anything on it.
Driver side is great for me.
Under the boy's car seat. That seat never gets moved.

s_chev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too have a 2014 Ram 1500 without the super nice factory sub. I was looking to just add a bit more low end to the stock system. Has anyone thought of sliding a Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered sub behind the back of the rear seat?

It's less than 3" thick and it looks like it would fit. The only catch is that I guess I'd have to wire into the existing rear speakers for the inputs. I'm not crazy about that. I've always used the RCA low inputs in the past.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
~Steve

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I too have a 2014 Ram 1500 without the super nice factory sub.

I too had the super nice "looking" Alpine subwoofer - and punted it for the Kicker SRAMCQ09 with some polyfill, a low pass passive crossover, a potentiometer to adjust the signal being fed to the Kicker amp...night and day difference as it relates to tight - well defined bass...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casey1981