Ram 1500 air suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mclaren406

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello all, getting ready to place my order on a 2016 ram 1500 Laramie 4wd 5.7. Have a question on the air suspension, when I first went into the dealership I wasn't too interested in it but test drove one with it and it road incredibly well. I have read certain reviews that say during highway speeds the suspension feels a little squirrley due to the fact that the air adjusts for better aerodynamics. Has anybody noticed this or is it something people just like to nitpick. Thanks in advance.

Kevin

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I went for a long test drive with one. I was doing over 120 kmh on the highway and I didn't notice it to be squirrelly at all. That was just one incidence though so maybe someone with the air ride will chime in

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
My 14 had the air suspension, and it was solid and stable at any highway speed.

RamOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have a '15 EcoD Crew Cab with the air ride suspension. No instability at any speed, however I do have the highway "aero-mode" turned off, so it remains at normal ride height at higher speeds.

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you are going to be towing don't forget to order the 3.92's.

OP
OP
M

mclaren406

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a '15 EcoD Crew Cab with the air ride suspension. No instability at any speed, however I do have the highway "aero-mode" turned off, so it remains at normal ride height at higher speeds.
Oh great thx, that puts me at ease that I can turn it off if need be. Test drove one w/ air suspension and all I could think of is how far trucks have come since my 92 Dakota 5.2L.