Ram 1500 Revving Issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GuardianOne24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Not entirely sure how else to post this. But I found this, and kind of need help.

I own a 2011 Ram 1500 with a 4.7L engine. Its ran good for the most part, until recently (as in the past year) things started to fail. The engine block is unchanged for the most part besides the water pump and alternator. Recently I blew my radiator and replaced it. All has been fine until around two weeks ago when I drive home from work, and the engine starts running about 1000 RPM higher than normal. It accelerates a bit unevenly and shifts through gearing quicker than normal. There's no odd smell, or smoke. The only issue is the odd revving. The best I can liken it is the fact that it behaves like the throttle became more sensitive.

Frankly, im not sure what to make of it besides the fact that it may be an electronic issue and not a heating issue as my heat stays normal. I looked around the internet to see what I can find and it seems to be correlated to some plug or sensor that may be loose. I dont know where to turn and I would prefer to fix it myself rather than take it into a shop, though I fear I may need to do that.

Any and all help is welcome. Even if it's just to see if anyone else encountered this issue would be good to know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357