RAM dealerships refuses to service my vehicle due to low survey score (long post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll mention this again---newspaper, TV station(investigative reporters) yelp, facebook, social media. I'd also talk to the AG's office again and talk to a "lead attorney" or a "supervising attorney" and ask about their policy. What you explained is not the way the AG's Office Consumer Affairs Division works in Tx., unless they have changed their policies in the last few years.
Jay

I will say i am quite surprised by this... Her first email response to me was that i was eligible for mediation and now its just like well you are SOL cause they didnt respond. i am in indiana so maybe thats it?

I have thought about contacting some local news stations.

Court for sure, I'd bend their ass over and shove the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act right where it belongs.

I am worry about fees and cost though to be honest. I am in the final stages of house buying so money isnt as free as a month ago or i would be more adapt.
can anyone speak to what costs im looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying this is what's happening in your case, but could be a possibility the dealership owner and AG know each other and the AG is just trying to make this "go away".

You're probably better off talking directly with an attorney at this point.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Find a lawyer who will do it for 10% of what you will win. Lots of lawyers will only take civil cases they know they can win.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Find a lawyer who will do it for 10% of what you will win. Lots of lawyers will only take civil cases they know they can win.

Do you guys honestly think this is worth my time in court and lawyer fees? i mean i feel like ive got a super solid case. but i dont even know what my end result would be? Money? new truck? pay off truck?

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Burla won roughly 15,000 in his court case because they wouldn't do warranty work

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

An Attorney is not going to take it for 10%, the amount of prep and general research and court time would not be recouped by 10%.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
An Attorney is not going to take it for 10%, the amount of prep and general research and court time would not be recouped by 10%.

Ok, maybe it was lowball, but 30% is pretty normal. My civil case was done for 10%

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you guys honestly think this is worth my time in court and lawyer fees? i mean i feel like ive got a super solid case. but i dont even know what my end result would be? Money? new truck? pay off truck?

I wouldn't pursue it....just my opinion.

It could be drug out sooo long, not to include the headaches, hassles, depositions, phone calls etc...You could also end up in a lot of deep debt. Also, you have no idea what the result will yield. You may break even for a bunch of lost time and higher blood pressure.

Like stated earlier, unless you find an attorney with zero fees unless you win, I wouldn't do it.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't pursue it....just my opinion.

It could be drug out sooo long, not to include the headaches, hassles, depositions, phone calls etc...You could also end up in a lot of deep debt. Also, you have no idea what the result will yield. You may break even for a bunch of lost time and higher blood pressure.

Like stated earlier, unless you find an attorney with zero fees unless you win, I wouldn't do it.

kind of where i think i am at... almost think my life would be easier to trade it in and run a different brand truck.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
fight, you will never regret fighting something like this, but you will regret being the dealerships punching bag. they are lucky it wasn't me, I'd be picketing their ass.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
fight, you will never regret fighting something like this, but you will regret being the dealerships punching bag. they are lucky it wasn't me, I'd be picketing their ass.

how long did your process take and cost?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I hired a lemon law lawyer for failure to fix under warranty, I won 13k, and the lawyer takes 25%.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I can't remember if there was early fees, if so they were nominal, court filing fee etc. Soon as they get the paper work they will settle, if they go to court it costs them more then the fix, and they risk getting hammered by the judge.

OP
OP
B

Bdersch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hmm. i dont think i am technically covered under lemon law though i bought pre owned

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
guess i need to call around to some places.

The first consult is free. Talk to a few attorneys, find one that will take the case, and you feel comfortable with.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I've gotten lost in all the pages of discussion... what exactly are you trying to get done that the dealer is refusing? I think its important to know that before giving you any advice...

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Once upon a time out here one family had the rear windows on all of their vehicles setup with big vinyl lettering reading

[Dealership X] SUCKS, ASK ME WHY.

*Name removed to keep things simple.

Know anyone with a vinyl cutter? :D The only thing I'd change would be have it start out with "In My Experience and Opinion..."

Then you're technically expressing Freedom of Speech and it's only borderline libel/slander?

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd do a hybrid of what everyones saying, find an attorney, get paid and then dump the truck for a diff brand. :favorites13:

Jared26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Once upon a time out here one family had the rear windows on all of their vehicles setup with big vinyl lettering reading

[Dealership X] SUCKS, ASK ME WHY.

*Name removed to keep things simple.

Know anyone with a vinyl cutter? :D The only thing I'd change would be have it start out with "In My Experience and Opinion..."

Then you're technically expressing Freedom of Speech and it's only borderline libel/slander?

Reminds me of what I saw on the gm-trucks forum yesterday...

post-87006-0-09499100-1504321166.jpg