Ram Factory Warranty doesn’t include missing parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gashog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought a 2014 2500 Laramie Longhorn Edition 4X4 two months ago and noticed that the factory missed installing the LED lighting in the driver-side door. I just have the wire hanging out. All of the other doors have these lights in them. I took my truck to Eddy's Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram here in Wichita Kansas, and they told me they contacted Ram and the warranty doesn't cover parts that the factory failed to install. Has anyone else had this problem?

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My truck was missing a piece of trim on the dash that covers the large bolts which secure it to the firewall.

I noticed it after about 3 weeks. My dealer just ordered the piece for me. But it was only a $8.00 piece.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

gashog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like a load of dung to me.

it's a minor thing, but on a $60,000 truck I think RAM should stand behind their error. sure am glad they didn't forget to install the engine

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's not a warranty issue...that's a dealer issue....and I would for sure be making them fix the problem on their dime.

Warranty is to repair things that are broken......not finish building the truck

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just call the Ram 800 number and file a complaint. They'll make it right. Choose to go to another dealer while your at it. It's too bad Briggs is 2 hrs away in Topeka. I had the most wonderful dealings with them ever when I purchased my truck from then 3 yrs ago.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's not a warranty issue...that's a dealer issue....and I would for sure be making them fix the problem on their dime.

Warranty is to repair things that are broken......not finish building the truck

That is what the pdi is for. Did you get a copy of it? Dealer is lazy.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think the dealer is blowing smoke up your *ss. I'd call Ram direct and let them know what you were told and by who. That just sounds ignorant. Not like you can't tell if something was never installed. Screw holes would have no wear and there would be lack of wear anywhere their should have been clips.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I would contact them again, it is a QA issue and they should stand behind making sure the vehicle left the factory with all of its required parts, as a customer that isn't your fault. I would contact Dodge directly.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
X2!!!!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Raise hell my friend on a $60k pickup that dealer should be bending over backwards so you come back and buy your next one there.

*tim*

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Take it to davis moore dodge I have bought several chevys from them so bought my ram from them also. Never had a bad experience at either dealership

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's BS because the factory "forgot" to instal my remote start feature so I told the dealer that they either install it free of charge or they would be hearing from my lawyer. After talking to the general manager, I got my truck in to get it done, didn't have to pay anything

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

gashog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I called the RAM 800 number and now waiting for them to call me back, meanwhile I'm positive that I will be driving 200 miles back to Kansas City where I bought it in the next week or so....(don't trust the Wichita Dealerships at all)

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
I bought a 2014 2500 Laramie Longhorn Edition 4X4 two months ago and noticed that the factory missed installing the LED lighting in the driver-side door. I just have the wire hanging out. All of the other doors have these lights in them. I took my truck to Eddy's Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram here in Wichita Kansas, and they told me they contacted Ram and the warranty doesn't cover parts that the factory failed to install. Has anyone else had this problem?

THIS is NOT correct or right. That should have been noted/fixed in the PDI process. Talk to another dealer or contact Chrysler directly. You'll win...then SMASH that dealer with nothing but bad reviews, they deserve it.

Badunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Unacceptable response from your dealer. This is the kind of petty BS that really ticks people off.

Reaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hear ya man, I went to replace my factory 3rd brake/cargo light with smoked one from recon, just to find it was only being held on by pressure...and there were two empty screw holes going almost straight to my headliner! I called the stealership a"Richardson Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram" and got a line of BS.
So I took it to a local dealership "Grapevine Dodge" and they sold me 2 screws for $12.85 ea....needless to say they were the wrong ones. The ones I need are an "unserviced" item by Ram...and the only way to get them is to order a new factory 3rd brake light.
I ended up swapping the clip nut to something off of a ceiling fan I think, and using the matching screws and some black RTV.
Sure hope nothing else is missing. I've contacted ram corporate about two issues, and they seem to be as worthless as their dealerships/parts people.

I hope you have better luck than I did.