RAM / FIAT Settlement truck buy back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I lost count!

If someone comes along this late in the game and starts another one they should be punched in the throat!:)

Leylah

Reaction score
Born & Raised in Cali - Now residing in Indiana
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually just got off the phone w/ Chrysler... they said there isn't anything finalized yet. Dealers will continue to say they have no info until final word is released. May take another 2-3wks. Then letters will be going out to owners listed currently with VIN #... which im glad I called & checked because mine was still under first owner!

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I actually just got off the phone w/ Chrysler... they said there isn't anything finalized yet. Dealers will continue to say they have no info until final word is released. May take another 2-3wks. Then letters will be going out to owners listed currently with VIN #... which im glad I called & checked because mine was still under first owner!

Did they say anything about if it matters if ur the second or first owner. I bought mine used almost 2yrs ago

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did they say anything about if it matters if ur the second or first owner. I bought mine used almost 2yrs ago

I wouldn't think it would matter. Good question though, as I'm the second owner of mine..

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I couldn't see how it could matter. It's not like you didn't pay for the truck either way, and it needs fixed. Never heard of it mattering on a recall.

trailerCaptain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 CNG
Just had my new-to-me 2012 2500 crew cab 4x4 CNG delivered last week. Haven't even driven it yet since I'm outta town. I chatted with Chrysler and looked up the vin, looks like I'm in the clear. I'll be keeping those chat logs.

nairb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got offline with customer chat. No recalls on my truck. 2012 Ram Big Horn 4wd Quad Cab. Feeling relieved. :)

outdoorsman80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Owners of vehicles who have questions about the recalls can call the company at 1-800-853-1403.

A list of the 23 Fiat Chrysler recalls that NHTSA investigated can be found here: NHTSA Recalls Spotlight - Chrysler Recalls

Owners of any vehicle can look to see what, if any, recalls apply to their vehicle by entering their vehicle identification number at this NHTSA Web site: https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/
I Called the 1-800 number and spoke with a recall rep. She ran my VIN and told me that my truck was not one of the ones on the recall list for the buy back. I have a 2012 1500 outdoorsman

EDDNIE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 1500 DEEPWATER BLUE, 1996 INDY RAM, 2019 bighorn
Engine
5.7 HEMI, 5.9
09 1500

Checked my vin no recalls pending
in 2010 had 2 recalls performed, tie rod ends replaced & pinion nut problem taken care of

lcmonroe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Checked my vin no recalls pending
in 2010 had 2 recalls performed, tie rod ends replaced & pinion nut problem taken care of

Even if you have no recalls pending you could still be eligible. My VIN does not come up for anything on the NHTSA website for any recalls even though I had one done. It does come up for the pinion nut on the dodge website and the Ram rep said I was eligible for the buy back program.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Even if you have no recalls pending you could still be eligible. My VIN does not come up for anything on the NHTSA website for any recalls even though I had one done. It does come up for the pinion nut on the dodge website and the Ram rep said I was eligible for the buy back program.

So are you going to have them buy it back? Hows this process work?

Leylah

Reaction score
Born & Raised in Cali - Now residing in Indiana
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Im second owner as well... she said it didn't matter...its "current owner of that vin #"
Recall for my truck is that pinion nut too which qualifies for buy back, but if its fixable, I rather do that personally. Ive put too much time & $$ into, to have to start over...blah!

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The recall will always follow the VIN not the owner. You could be the 10th owner, if there's a recall there's still going to be a recall.

KNBeasty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just curious as to who you guys contacted to find out if you're affected or not? I opened up a chat on the Ram website and talked to a rep about whether or not my truck was involved and got nowhere. She said they had no information at this time and if I was involved, they would send me an email/letter.

lcmonroe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So are you going to have them buy it back? Hows this process work?

Yes I am. I figure after this news the value of my truck will be torpedoed for two reasons. 1) The market will be flooded with these things. 2) The news is national so it will be hard to get much more when I go to trade it in later.

Just curious as to who you guys contacted to find out if you're affected or not? I opened up a chat on the Ram website and talked to a rep about whether or not my truck was involved and got nowhere. She said they had no information at this time and if I was involved, they would send me an email/letter.

I just opened a chat on the website and they cross referenced my VIN to tell me it was involved. Maybe I just got a more competent person. They did say that they don't have a process in place yet for a buy back but took my number and said they would be contacting me when all that got figured out.

KNBeasty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just opened a chat on the website and they cross referenced my VIN to tell me it was involved. Maybe I just got a more competent person. They did say that they don't have a process in place yet for a buy back but took my number and said they would be contacting me when all that got figured out.

Yeah that could be it. It was kind of weird, when I asked her about the recall, she asked for all my information (name, address, phone number and VIN) she told me to hold on for a few minutes.... then came back and said she didn't have any info at this time...wtf

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just had a chat with someone at dodge. They said the recall is for the pinion nut. I had mine fixed already. He said I'll still be getting a letter in the mail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 159