Rear Locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Texcajun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have any of you had a rear locker added to your truck? My truck isn't 4wd, but I do launch my boat on some pretty crappy ramps. I would really like the added insurance of locking rear end. What do you think it'll run to do something like this?

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I doubt you would need a full locking rear diff. A good Limited Slip unit would be fine, and it would always be there, willing and ready to work without even you thinking about it.

Are you sure you do not have a LSD type rear end already?

If you mash the gas, does it just spin the right rear?

You could probably get a LSD unit installed for about half of what an aftermarket locking diff would cost you. Say close to $450 rather than almost $800 for the locker with all the supporting goodies.

Just a guess on price. Local 4x4 shops in your area would probably be a good source for accurate information regarding pricing and availability.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Cheap way to go, but he better be prepared for the way it handles in the rain, and the rest of the time is turning sharp on pavement.

Plus, the mechanical Click & Pop can get annoying, as can the tire chirping pulling in the driveway.

Or, it could be great fun, as long as he knows what he is getting himself into.