Rear seat protector - waterproof pet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJK440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 14 Express Quad with the full rear bench in diesel gray. Recently we picked up a pup, a Lab & we also go to the lake a lot. I don't want wet dog soaking into my upholstery.

I'm looking for a rear seat cover that fits our trucks well enough to leave on full time. One that also allows the seat belts to be accessed as my kids will be riding in back too (at least until the doggo grows up). A lot of waterproof pet seat covers look like baggy tarps. Anybody have experience with one like I am looking for?

Weathertech looks like they have what I am looking for but the price reflects their advertising budget. But it may be my best option. Lots of people complain about the fit....

weathertech-seat-covers-2nd-row-bench-grey-sample.jpg

Last edited:

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I got two of these because they were not long enough to cover the entire seat.

Bought them from a discount store for $10n. It’s a waterproof one. Walmart sells them too.

Then I threw in a cheap queen sized blanket over top which collects the dirt and sand. Plus it’s easy to clean. The blanket gets shoved over top the back seat and shoved behind the seat and I use the head rests to hold it in place as well. For cleaning the blanket pulls out and you can shake it out and or wash it then throw it back in. That way the waterproof cover stays clean and protects your seats from moisture.

Another plus is that it keeps the dog hair contained when they shed.

5BD8BF79-B9FD-4048-B71B-40CDFB5604CC.png

OP
OP
C

CJK440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bringing my own thread back from the dead because it popped up when I searched. Still on the hunt for a fitted seat protector that fits like the one in the pic above (don't want a hammock style).

I did pull the trigger on weathertech hoping it fit like the image. But no, it was too narrow leaving the ends of the bench exposed. They must have a couple sizes that apply to a variety of vehicles.

Anybody else find a good fitted option?

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
marathon seat covers in Bozeman Montana. you pay for the quality and they take a while because they are made to order but worth every penny. 868FA459-8DA0-4204-824A-9AB7DF1C6D05_1_201_a.jpeg

Sgambots91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m in same boat. I found some carhartt ones that fit nice and snug on

www.covercraft.com

but I can’t justify the price

I’m probably gonna go the hammock route

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
In my last truck (2014 Quad Cab) I used a $20 seat protector I found at Marshall's. It worked great, we have two dogs and are at the park quite often. It didn't go all the way edge to edge, but it covered 99% of the seat and it was waterproof. The seats looked great when I traded it in.

In my current truck (2021 Crew Cab) I have the fold-flat floor and put a memory foam mattress wrapped in a shower curtain and blanket so it's easy to clean and waterproof, cost me almost nothing. I still use the Marshall's seat protector in case the pups want to look out the new rear window.

Here's a link to the thread if you are interested: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/dog-bed-mod.171683/#post-2420285

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have never regretted paying for quality, I have regretted not getting quality tho. funny thing is if pay for a quality item you forget about how much it cost soon afterwards.