What are straps on top of rear seat for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfrasher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
In my 2017 Ram, there are three fabric straps that look like handles sticking up on the top of the rear seat back. I assumed that they are to fold the seat back down, but I cannot make any of them move at all! The dealer had to have folded it down out of the way to put the temporary registration on the window. I need it out of the way to get that off. If the straps aren't for releasing the back, how does it release? I see a lot of talk about them not being able to release.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I saw those on my 2016 Ram 2500 as well right after I bought it recently. They aren't to fold the seats forward, cause you have to do the mod for them to fold at all - do quick search youll find it on web. I think they are bolted/screwed to back wall. So....coat hanger straps?

OP
OP
S

sfrasher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Car seat tethers! Cool! Thanks.

When I raised the bench seat to look under it, I realized that the back actually tilted about 4 inches away from the back window, so I was able to reach in and scrape the temp license off that way. That was my whole purpose! Accomplished! ;-)

Thanks for the quick replies!

Buck416

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Car seat tethers! Cool! Thanks.

When I raised the bench seat to look under it, I realized that the back actually tilted about 4 inches away from the back window, so I was able to reach in and scrape the temp license off that way. That was my whole purpose! Accomplished! ;-)

Thanks for the quick replies!
yup,remember that feature when it comes time to clean the inside of your back window also, near impossible otherwise

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just do the mod on the seatback. 2 ways to do it. Its very helpful and its great for storage of certain items. You can do a search for the threads.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517