Rear Window Leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danes

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else out there with the power sliding rear window have issues with it leaking? I went thru a carwash this morning and as I was leaving, I noticed some water dripping into the cab and onto the back seat.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very common issue with trucks it seems. Get a new gasket for your 3rd brake light.
It is VERY common that's the fail point.

There is a company on Amazon that sells a beefier unit than the factory thin gasket. I ordered one for my old man a while back, looks like my work truck needs one too.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Agreed, it's probably your 3rd brake light. 5th gens seem to be having issues with rear window leaks, but that wasn't really a problem on 4th gens like your 2013.

lrmie19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi 5.7
2019 RAM 1500 Laramie Quad Cab with the same issue. I poured water over the roof and water leaked through the rear window area above the right passenger. 3rd brake light was also leaking but the gasket has already been replaced.

We've been trying to figure out where the moisture is coming from for a while because of the horrible resulting odor, and the water went down the back all the way to the mat and never touched the seat.

Car is under 36000 miles. Just got in touch with RAM. If there is no follow up, assume that this means RAM refused to fix the issue.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You're under 36k miles, but when was it originally purchased? 2019's were available for purchase in mid-2018, so your warranty could be expired based on time (36 months). Seems to me the silence from the dealership is possibly them trying to stall until your warranty expires (if it hasn't already based on time). How did you get in touch with them? I'd be going to the dealership to deal with them in person, and insist they document this issue if there's still time left on the warranty.