Rear Window Open while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkSport15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There should be a warning for newbies about driving with the rear window open and a dirty bed, like, picking up sod at Lowes and unload at the house, took of for some lunch, now the inside of the truck looks like the bed. Grass and sand everywherehttp://www.ramforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Lmao that sucks man

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There should be a warning for newbies about driving with the rear window open and a dirty bed, like, picking up sod at Lowes and unload at the house, took of for some lunch, now the inside of the truck looks like the bed. Grass and sand everywherehttp://www.ramforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Rookie Move. Always open your sunroof or window to keep positive outward flow. ;-)

bighorn2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rookie Move. Always open your sunroof or window to keep positive outward flow. ;-)

If I have my rear slider open only, everything's fine. It's when I crack my drivers window while rear slider is open that the wind comes in thru the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APFSDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
anyone with CCs notice when you drive with all four side windows down you get air buffeting noise in the back? annoying. i noticed it on the test drive, but i now just drive with the rear side windows open a couple inches.

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21

Heh, yeah learned that the hard way myself :word:

anyone with CCs notice when you drive with all four side windows down you get air buffeting noise in the back? annoying. i noticed it on the test drive, but i now just drive with the rear side windows open a couple inches.

Same thing happens in the QC's. Just crack the rear window an inch or so and buffeting goes away.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That thing that comes with the truck when it's new....I think it's called an owners manual....mentions it and how to avoid it.

:roflsquared:

HeMi101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HeMi

Hmmm. I open my sunroof to vent and open the rear window fully, and It seems to come in the back window and go out the roof. Last week I was smacked in the side of the head by at least 4 acorns, and my poor radio took a few hits too. :roflsquared:

maple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This just happen to me yesterday, right after i got my car washed I was flying low In my rc/sb at about 106 mph to get all the water off ;) (would of been going faster but the limiter wouldnt let me) and I had my back widow slide open and then started to notice water spots inside of the front widow and then I looked up and seen the worst thing ever my head liner was soaked with like dirty water left over in the bed smh

APFSDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That thing that comes with the truck when it's new....I think it's called an owners manual....mentions it and how to avoid it.

:roflsquared:

Yeah. Like someone would expect to find something like that in the owner's manual...

"Here's something you might find annoying about your brand new vehicle, so, don't do this."

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
Glad I read this I just got my truck the other day and the windows been open every sense I have to make sure if I do put something in the bed I don't let it get in the truck

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah. Like someone would expect to find something like that in the owner's manual...

"Here's something you might find annoying about your brand new vehicle, so, don't do this."

Almost exactly what I thought when I read it