Rearview mirror replacement.Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys so i have 14 sport with the uconnect mirror and theres the mic's mounted on the top.Now i have a few questions.
First is there anything else in this mirror besides the mic's? Are the microphones able to be uninstalled and just mounted somewhere else or even to my new mirror ?

I was reading and then saw someone mention rain sensors and blah blah in the mirror and i will lose connectivity with bluetooth and on and on so i though whoa wait a minute i will post here and make sure im not going to lose features haha.

So whats all part of the oem mirror?
Can i safely just remove the microphones and install them somewhere else?
No other things to worry about?

Im replacing it with a 12inch aftermarket mirror. Ill post pics once i get it done.

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any one? Basically can i just pop mics off the top and mount them somewhere else and is that all thats part of uconnect? i have the 8.4. The call for help and auto dimming i dont care about.

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It depends on which mirror you've got. It "can" have microphones, auto-dimming sensors, auto highbeam sensors, etc. The rain sensor is mounted to the glass, although it's wiring may be part of the same harness. I've never head of the bluetooth antenna being in it though. I swapped my manual Uconnect mirror for an auto-dimming Uconnect mirror with no issues.

Let's start with figuring out what options your truck has and what it is that you want to do (i.e. what are you trying to replace the OEM mirror with?)

-K

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It depends on which mirror you've got. It "can" have microphones, auto-dimming sensors, auto highbeam sensors, etc. The rain sensor is mounted to the glass, although it's wiring may be part of the same harness. I've never head of the bluetooth antenna being in it though. I swapped my manual Uconnect mirror for an auto-dimming Uconnect mirror with no issues.

Let's start with figuring out what options your truck has and what it is that you want to do (i.e. what are you trying to replace the OEM mirror with?)

-K
Replacing with a 12 inch mirror with screen and dash cam. Have one in my other vehicle and I like not having a camera mounted to glass.

So I do have auto dim mirror I have auto rain wipers and auto high beams.

Now if.im going to lose those feature i think I'll just keep this oem mirror lol

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Replacing with a 12 inch mirror with screen and dash cam. Have one in my other vehicle and I like not having a camera mounted to glass.

So I do have auto dim mirror I have auto rain wipers and auto high beams.

Now if.im going to lose those feature i think I'll just keep this oem mirror lol

You would definitely loose the auto-high beams, you might be able to keep the rain sensor if you are careful with the harness.

-K

OP
OP
ToxicFire

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok then i guess i might not change out the mirror lol.
Thought having a dashcam not mounted to the window would be a nice thing.