Replaced axle vss problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suitandtiedye

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone I appreciate your time on this problem in advance. I purchased an 08 ram that had it's axle fall out while driving, I purchased a used rear end and fully rebuilt it only to discover my vehicle speed sensor is different. My truck used to plug in to the pumpkin but my replacement axle has spots on the back of the dust shield near the rotors instead. I just want to know how big of an error this is, is there anyway to recover this axle or did I waste my time and money on it? Most importantly without the vss hooked up will that mess up the transmission if I just drove it using GPS for a speedometer? I came across a few posts with people talking about potentially using the transmission sensors for a speed output but the threads never seem to have any resolution if they got it to work or not.

I've used the forums a lot already I appreciate all the knowledge you all share, hopefully I can be helpful to some of you in the future. I've never posted before, sorry in advance if I over/under explained. The new axle has better gear ratio and limited slip along with all the new bearings and whatnot so if there is any way possible to make it work I'm willing to do it, but I can also accept that I might have worked myself into a real problem. Thank you again for your thoughts.