Replacement Radio Dilemia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 8.4 UAS and UAQ radios in the 2018 and early 2019 have delamination issues due to the wrong glue used by the touch panel manufacturer, LG. The reason they use refurbs is supposedly the refurbished radios have an updated touch panel with the proper glue holding the glass to the digitizer. My 2018 BigHorn had the same issues as the OP a few months back but I was at 40k miles and out of warranty. My local dealer offered a good faith replacement for $100. I received my vehicle back with everything working exactly as it did with the old radio. The dealer had my truck about four hours for the repair. Curious as to the explanation the dealer gave me about the delamination issue I pulled the new radio out of the dash and checked the part number of the touch panel. Sure enough the refurb radio had the new improved touch panel. The old LG part number ended with (SL)(01) and the new panel is (SL)(02). Of course I only paid $100 so I’m not complaining about a refurbished radio but a $1k plus repair for a refurb is a bitter pill to swallow.

72plyrr

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had pretty much the same issues with the Uconnect in my 2018 Power Wagon. I took it in over a week ago and was told the radio had to be ordered, but it came in quick and the dealer installed it on Friday. Not sure if it was a refurb unit, but it is different in a couple of ways; icon images are different, soft key to select aux input... But so far it works okay.

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If all else fails and you find it necessary to go aftermarket, Crutchfield is a good source.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2021 Limited and the 12'' radio was replaced for a problem. This refurb deal explains why there were 7 strange phone pairings setup. Weird the protective screen cover was not disturbed. When the radio is replaced it must not include the front glass.

Trucker2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
After removing my radio to repair it my self then reinstalling it it took overnight for the satellite radio button to show up again.