Replying with Voice to text messages on 2019 Ram 1500 12" screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Regardless of this particular issue, the system *is* broken. We are supposed to have vehicle health reports, as it is advertised as part of sirius XM Gaurdian. We do not. Simple voice queries such as searching for radio stations are very inconsistent in my experience. Search from within navigation gives poor results. I also have had issues with remote lock/unlock working. These things have been in the wild more than a year, these issues should be addressed, or at the very least FCA needs to assure owners that they are working on them. What I see is dealers not having answers, and FCA trying to pass the buck to SiriusXM when they should be handling getting these issues addressed rather than directing customers away.

FCA is dropping the ball here leaving both their dealers and owners hanging out to dry.
I won’t comment on any of that as this thread was about voice to text message lol.

However for the vehicle health reports do you have the Uconnect app? On my 2018 charger I get emails and I did on the 2017 charger and the 2016 ram. Now for my 2019 Jeep I don’t get an email, but I do get a notification that the vehicle health report is available and then it shows up in the app.

So I guess I lied since I commented on the vehicle health report

splat10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't care if any of the uConnect is working but it would be nice if the 2 second push of the VC button that works in AA worked over bluetooth (obviously no projection). All GM do this and it allowed me to talk to Google assistant over bluetooth and didn't need AA all the time (for short trips etc)... It seems like such a small detail that is probably going to make me hate this truck, only because i know what it could be.

Coop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I won’t comment on any of that as this thread was about voice to text message lol.

However for the vehicle health reports do you have the Uconnect app? On my 2018 charger I get emails and I did on the 2017 charger and the 2016 ram. Now for my 2019 Jeep I don’t get an email, but I do get a notification that the vehicle health report is available and then it shows up in the app.

So I guess I lied since I commented on the vehicle health report

Yep, no tab for the health report in the app, and the Mopar site tells us our vehicles aren't capable of vehicle health reports. When it's stated as a feature of the SiriusXM Guardian service. FCA is telling people to contact SiriusXM about this and closing tickets.

My main point here is the software on the 12" systems is half baked. I've worked in software development for 20+ years and I understand that this can happen, but it is important that it's handled well, and communication is good when you have obligations to customers. They aren't doing this. Automakers ship their product and fix things when enough people scream about them. So, I guess the answer is to scream about the problems because that's how it gets prioritized. They need to realize though, they're trying to sell a service that is priced as premium, and they need the value and polish to be there.

GunnyZXR

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 Indy Pace Truck (Sold) 2002 Quad Cab SLT/2019 Laramie
Engine
5.9/5.9/5.7
Actually you are only half correct - That is when connected through Bluetooth. When you plug your phone in and use Android auto you have full text to speech capability. There won’t be a software fix because there is none needed.

If you can ever get android Auto to work....

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah android auto just pushed a Beta version, and I no longer have voice to text capability and I have to unplug my phone from the usb port to answer it. The user convenience features on this truck are abysmal at best. I really could not have imagined, this level of poor workmanship and product support when I first test drove this truck. The wrongly made assumption was my 2015 RAM had an amazing interface, the new one should be even better. NOPE. I dont know how much money FCA saved but how ever you sourced this software development, you did it wrong and now your product support is abysmal. Love the chassis, but I will probably entertain other brands.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat