Requested-545 RFE Governor Solenoid Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubiclecaptive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Folks, I'm in a bit of a flux. My brother in law drive an 04 4X4 1500 w/ 4.7L Hemi, 545 RFE and 120k miles. Vehicle has been in limp mode for a week. He had the vehicle scanned and was sold a Governor solenoid with a 2 pin connector.

Everything I found on the internet advised this piece was replaceable if valve body dropped (on top). After dropping the valve body I see a single part that resembles this solenoid as part of the solenoid pack. However, this part not only has a "fuse blade" type connector, but appears to be part of the solenoid pack.

I'm at a complete loss as I have been through a 114 page 45/545 RFE rebuild manual and do not see that this Governor solenoid is replaceable, yet many threads on this site do not note the solenoid pack, only that you want to replace the Governor and Pressure solenoids at the same time.

I have searched this site, youtube and google images and find no pictures/diagrams of the above mentioned solenoids on the 545 RFE and/or how to R&R.

Do I need to get him an entire solenoid pack? I hate to replace that and not fix his problem as it is his only transportation.

Any assistance or direction is appreciated.

Attachments

• Governor.jpg
    Governor.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 58
  • SolenoidPack.png
    SolenoidPack.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 69

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine