Reset low tire pressure warning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ventoracing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So my low tire pressure warning goes off because it says the right front tire is low.... (1 psi lower than the others)... so I put in a little air.... now its 2 psi higher than the others and I cant get the warning message to stop flashing on the dash display

HELP

metalfab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RAM CrewCab ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mine did that for about 15min after I filled the tires, this has happened twice in the 2 months I have owned it. I also had the pressure warning go on for about 5 secs then turn off, odd.

I'm really considering nitrogen fill-ups. My Mazda 5 had nitrogen and I didn't have to worry about checking tire pressure for 3-4 months at a time. With the RAM, its every 3 weeks it seems.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It should reset, it may take a cycle or two but unless you need a new sensor it should be ok. My truck usually resets after about 10 minutes of driving and the next time I shut it off and on. It is the cold weather, cold always saps air out of tires, I had to set the pressures in my wife's work car and personal car in the same day because it is freezing here.

Have you ever rotated your tires? You might have filled up wrong tire?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Agreed that you have to drive so many miles for it tp reset

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I thought TPMS re-calibrated after rotation on these trucks.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
When you rotate you shouldn't See any tpms light or warning

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I thought TPMS re-calibrated after rotation on these trucks.

I don't have this information it is a question, so they re calibrate automatically or the dealer is supposed too? Thanks Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It was automatic on my truck and it's a 2010.

OP
OP
ventoracing

ventoracing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
UPDATE:

Since the low pressure warning light has come on, I've driven several hundred miles and so I'm thinking its not going to reset itself anytime soon.

With regards to tire rotation, I have rotated the tires, but when I got the initial warning it indicated the right front was low and displayed the tire pressure (it was 1 psi different that the others). I put air in the low tire and now it shows that the pressure is highest in the tire that is still flashing....

Tonight I'll try the reset procedure recommended for the oil change warning light...

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For my 2010 to reset oil message it's the following:

Turn ignition to on but don't start
Pump gas pedal 3 times, I think I hold on the 3rd press

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
thats odd. its been colder than usual in my area, i noticed a tire pressure low light on my front right tire. (drove it like that for at least 2 weeks) I added about 5 psi and the light and warning went away as soon as I brought the air hose back into the garage and got back into my truck...hasnt come back on since....

sirwankel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bringing this one back from the dead.

I'm having the same issue on my 2009. I aired up all the tires and the light is still on. I noticed that only one of my wheels has the metal valve stem that I have know to by a TPMS stem. The rest are longer rubber stems. I one my 09 it also doesn't show what tire is low, it just says tire pressure low. I noticed that change from the 2010 that I had to the 2009 that I have now. I thought it was just a difference in the years, could it be that only 1 wheel has a sensor? I filled up all 4 tires to 40 on the dot per the tire recommendations. Any help?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The sensors can be rubber or metal. It is possible Simone swapped them out before you got the truck. Has the light always been on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an 09 SLT that had the tire pressure light come on also. It is really cold this morning and there is ice on everything. I am going to let it heat up outside. If its still set, I will put some air in the tires and see whats up. Kind of odd though considering I got brand new tires last week and the light did not come on.

This morning, below freezing and the light comes on. Has to be the temperature dropping causing it I would think.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
my 2500 does this sometimes when it's really cold and the truck has been sitting for a few days.i drive for a few km's then switch from light load to heavy then back to light and it resets itself.it never seems to do this when i'm in heavy load with 4/450 kpa in the tires though.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
When you first get your low pressure warning, you have to fill the tires to 38 or 39lbs. cant remember exactly. Then drive for a couple of miles and it resets. You have to specify you want that much pressure. The tire shop always goes to 37lbs by me and I have to tell them I want 40 so mine resets.

danam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 4WD SLT Quad Cab
Engine
4.7l
When you first get your low pressure warning, you have to fill the tires to 38 or 39lbs. cant remember exactly. Then drive for a couple of miles and it resets. You have to specify you want that much pressure. The tire shop always goes to 37lbs by me and I have to tell them I want 40 so mine resets.

Thank you so much I've been going by the tire shop suggestions to I'm going to fill them up to at least 39 today each one of them and see what that does

bigdaddy36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oil change display

To take off the change oil display turn truck on then turn it off pressbrake three times then turn truck back on

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93