Rock crawling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This video made me think this is what I have a side by side for!!
4b32d57e9720206ee317b64226930390.jpg
babdf3d3de3e3a3be981bd17c03cc2d8.jpg
7baeb22f1325aeced8e428a455e29802.jpg

Last edited:

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of them things zoomed by me on the trail. Fkin awesome.

IMO

When there were a few attempts at that first obstacle, would have been by that in no time. They sure are fun but just seem to be another thing to throw money at!!!

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When there were a few attempts at that first obstacle, would have been by that in no time. They sure are fun but just seem to be another thing to throw money at!!!
Hows the clearance on those? They look kinda low to the ground.

IMO

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

IMO

Mine is a Arctic cat wildcat sport with 15 inches ground clearance. 60 inch wide machine. Came stock with 13, and put 30s on it. Had 26s stock so +4 inches in tire height nets 2 inches of ground clearance. The lower ones are the 50 inch trail models and they still have around 10.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine is a Arctic cat wildcat sport with 15 inches ground clearance. 60 inch wide machine. Came stock with 13, and put 30s on it. Had 26s stock so +4 inches in tire height nets 2 inches of ground clearance. The lower ones are the 50 inch trail models and they still have around 10.
Sweet, just watched some youtube on those and they do make obstacles look non existant lol, But them things cost some $$!

Im stuck on jeep still. At first I was going to buy a fully built crawler, then I started seeing cjs for under $8k with V8s and all the hard stuff done alreadly... And street legal.. And I can flat tow it.

But these little side by side things are on the list for sure.

(This is only for my time in CA, will sell this stuff when I go back to NC and buy a bass boat)

IMO

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sweet, just watched some youtube on those and they do make obstacles look non existant lol, But them things cost some $$!

Im stuck on jeep still. At first I was going to buy a fully built crawler, then I started seeing cjs for under $8k with V8s and all the hard stuff done alreadly... And street legal.. And I can flat tow it.

But these little side by side things are on the list for sure.

(This is only for my time in CA, will sell this stuff when I go back to NC and buy a bass boat)

IMO

I hear you on that. I have wanted a tj wrangler forever and still do. Or a k5 blazer/bronco. Nice thing about this is I can take it camping where a jeep I couldn't. This was cheaper than a rzr at 12 out the door including taxes.
a48511a5f36a1314e847d9288426526f.jpg

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

IMO

IT can vary, I saw one bad ass side by side for sale when I was in reno the other day, looked almost like a Ultra4 rig but was a side by side, when I went back by where it was it was gone.... Looked to have some serious travel more than most I've seen. oh and was definitely modified. Wish I got a pic of it or found out how much it was

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting, Didn't know that... I've always thought it was 5th wheel to bumper pull doubles to be legal.... But good to know.. just another reason to move out of cali and to somewhere like Idaho

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting, Didn't know that... I've always thought it was 5th wheel to bumper pull doubles to be legal.... But good to know.. just another reason to move out of cali and to somewhere like Idaho

There's tons of Californians doing it already. Sell their houses down there and move up here and get a mansion at a fraction of the price. Recently have heard of cops down there working special 7 day on 7 day off shifts so they can live out of state. Don't want their families living down there so they buy a place up here and split an apartment with other people in the same situation down there. Then fly up here to be with their families on their off time. Sounds crazy, but I just heard it from a realtor friend this week.
Not a prime example but this house is 4 houses down from me. 300,000. That wouldn't get you much, if anything in lots of places in California.
http://www.intermountainmls.com/Lis...dd=1833_N_Golfview_Way_Meridian_ID_83646-3943

Last edited:

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

IMO

It's not just absolute clearance. Wheelbase, track, approach and departure angles can have much larger impact than ground clearance. All three of these play into why the Jeep is so adept off-road. ATVs/Side-by-Sides capitalize on this.

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Check out this Ram climbing gigantic boulders after a river crossing. Then blazing it's way through a single track trail designed for dirt bikes..

Later scaled a giant mountain.. But no video of that. Lives were lost.
https://youtu.be/-OnSV80jWeY

IMO

Love it man, I used to go rock crawling all the time in my JK every now and then you'd see a full size back on the trail and wonder how they made it. Now I know!