rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navigate66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the rotor thickness the same on a 1500 and 2500?

OP
OP
N

navigate66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the reason i'm asking is i did an upgrade on my brakes i put 97 2500 calipers on the front and put 96 1 ton wheel cylinders on the back. a 2500 master cylinder. did all my bench bleeding and bleeding of the brakes. I have no leaks but the pedal is soft and goes to the floor

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t see how rotor thickness could result in soft pedal or sinking.

Symptoms sound like:

Fluid leak. (Can be seen)

Air in system. (Often can be pumped to get a firmer pedal)

Faulty master cylinder/ internal bypass. (If pedal sinks under steady pressure after pumped up and no external leaks)

PS- doesn’t help you, but I recall trading off a 97 1500 because the brakes were so weak.

OP
OP
N

navigate66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so when i put the new calipers and pads on there is about an inch or so of space between the pad and the rotor. so that's why i was wondering if the thickness of the rotors were different. I have no leaks that i can see and I've bled 2 pints of fluid through the system.

OP
OP
N

navigate66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Idk what it is about the 97 1/2 ton but the brakes have never been all that good.