Rough Country - HD2 Running Boards - Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjmlakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm looking to purchase some running boards for my 2023 Power Wagon and I really like the look of the RC HD2's.

My concern is with snow and ice. I live in western ny (Buffalo) and I feel these will get packed with snow and ice.

Does anyone have experince using these running boards in winter conditions?

Thanks,

RJ

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty much every running board or step will, it’s basically unavoidable

OP
OP
R

rjmlakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the OEM running boards on my 2013 1500 and most of the snow fell between the running board and rocker panel. With the HD2's having that edge that pushes up against rocker panels I would think the snow has no where to go other then setting there and icing up.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the OEM running boards on my 2013 1500 and most of the snow fell between the running board and rocker panel. With the HD2's having that edge that pushes up against rocker panels I would think the snow has no where to go other then setting there and icing up.
I had nerf bars on my 1500 and they would get big blocks of ice built up where they connected at the front (lived in Colorado for a few years). Easy to kick off, but still would build up there. I would agree with you that those will probably get a bunch of snow and ice in them. The salt from the roads will probably accelerate corrosion on the boards too if you dont wash it regularly.

OP
OP
R

rjmlakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree... I just really like the look of them. I was thinking to maybe have them line-x before installing?

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
If you add front mudflaps you will eliminate a lot of the build up on the running boards.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its snow and ice. Its builds up everywhere under the vehicle. And of course on pretty much any running board/step. Just simply knock it off of there when it starts building up…am i missing something ?

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Snow and ice build up the horror lol what about the salt and road crud all over the truck. Mud flaps maybe