Rubbing noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c_4thman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Cummins
I hope I am doing this in the right place I just joined. I have a 2007 3500 Quad and I just had the emergency brakes replaced. Now I have a rubbing sound (**** **** ****) that I haven't been able to locate. The mechanic says its the rear end. We are changing the rear end oil today and putting in an additive. Nothing I do seems to change it, going faster speeds it up but doesn't start or stop it. Braking, applying the emergency brake, hard turns nothing changes it. It doesn't always do it but it is getting more consistent and louder. Anyone have any ideas?

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it the same mechanic that says it's the rear end that did the brakes? Seems ironic the rubbings just started after the new parking brakes doesn't it?

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Maybe the shoes for the parking brake need adjusted...?

OP
OP
c_4thman

c_4thman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Cummins
Maybe the shoes for the parking brake need adjusted...?
No dealer did brakes when I bought it or shortly after. My reg mec. and I pulled the rear end cover tonight and everything looks good. Only normal wear on the magnet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Docbull