Rust taking over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdman05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7, s&b cai, Diablo intune 89 octane tune
alright i have a 2005 1500 hemi in black im curius if anybody knows where you can pickup a new or non rusted box for my truck i have the lovely rust taking over the rear fender wells on my truck from the salt on the roads up here been looking all over and cant find anything. willing to drive for it for the right price

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Is the box the same or compatible from '02-present?

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Yeah, I see the difference now. Seems the boxes would fit but you'd need the bumper as well. The 4th gen wraps around a bit while the 3rd is straight across. Maybe the bed to cab lines are a little different too.
Be cool if they made an aftermarket bumper for the 3rd gens that had the exhaust cut outs like the 4th gens have. A quick search found the boxes readily available from wrecking yards but many do have signs of rust over the wheel wells.

OP
OP
B

birdman05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7, s&b cai, Diablo intune 89 octane tune
ya that is all i keep finding if im going to deal with it ill jsut keep mine and replace with patch panel

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I've seen a few rust free ones but I was really looking to find one in my color because I'm getting old and lazy and don't feel like painting it. My motor issue has kinda put the cosmetic stuff on the back burner for now. My quarters aren't driving me too crazy at the moment because the flares are covering 90% of the rust at this point. I pulled the tail lights and crawled underneath and gave everything a pretty thorough bath so hopefully that'll buy me a little time. I rinsed out around a 5 gallon buckets worth of sand and crap from in between the panels and the entire undercarriage.