Scratchy metallic sound under moderate acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Needed to run a few errands today and it was an awesome day, so I took the opportunity to open all the windows.

All went fine except for this odd scratchy metallic sound I heard when I accelerated with moderate input. It doesn't happen right off the line, but between 20-30 MPH under moderate acceleration, I can hear something that sounds like a coat hanger being drug across a steel kitchen sink. My mom was riding shotgun and she heard the same thing.

Any idea what I could be looking at? My dad's first impression is a hub/wheel bearing going out.

Also maybe worth noting, my truck has recently begun pulling heavy to the right under braking. Last year, my dad and I replaced the front passenger side caliper because the truck was doing the same thing. We replaced both rotors and pads while we were at it since they looked about due as well.

Last edited: