Service cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dangolman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I have a 2019 limited 1500 that pops up with cruise/adaptive cruise control not available service cruise control, seems more frequent when it’s cold out. How does one service the cruise control? Thanks for the help

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
It could be related to the ABS pump which is a common failure on rams. You need to take it to a dealer and run the codes, or buy a OBD Link code reader and use AlphaOBD. A standard code reader will not pull the codes if its ABS related.

OP
OP
D

Dangolman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Ok great thank you for the info. Like I said it doesn’t always pop up so trying to get it to the deal when the light is on has proven to be a hassle so I think I will just get a reader. I have a OBD 1 reader for a jeep I have. Is AlphaOBD the reader or is that just a setting in the reader.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok great thank you for the info. Like I said it doesn’t always pop up so trying to get it to the deal when the light is on has proven to be a hassle so I think I will just get a reader. I have a OBD 1 reader for a jeep I have. Is AlphaOBD the reader or is that just a setting in the reader.
Alfaobd is an app but for your case you DO NOT need it. Try your reader out and see what codes it pulls. The one for your jeep should work for your RAM. The only difference is that some will read ABS full codes or TPMS and such, basically more features. If you are the stars don't work, take it to an auto parts store that reads codes for free. Let us know if any codes pop up

OP
OP
D

Dangolman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Good to know. I didn’t think to try the OBD 1 I have as it is for my son’s 99 jeep Cherokee and assumed my 2019 was to new for it. I appreciate the information I will try my reader and let you know what if any codes come up.

Art_in_CO

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited Elite
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Maybe there's ice or mud covering the adaptive cruise control's radar transceiver (the eyeball)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dangolman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Alfaobd is an app but for your case you DO NOT need it. Try your reader out and see what codes it pulls. The one for your jeep should work for your RAM. The only difference is that some will read ABS full codes or TPMS and such, basically more features. If you are the stars don't work, take it to an auto parts store that reads codes for free. Let us know if any codes pop up

OP
OP
D

Dangolman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Update: It has been a while but we all know how life is. I hooked up my reader and it says no DTC’s