Service Electronic Throttle Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toooch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looks like there are a lot of posts and questions about this. I had the light come on and did a mess of Googling and just wanted to post that before you do anything expensive, check the battery output. May be old news to the vets on here, but it turns out you can get that light to come on if your battery is wonky, which mine was. Put a charge on it and the light has been out for the last few days. Probably have a parasitic drain, which is another problem altogether, but at least this one is solved.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like there are a lot of posts and questions about this. I had the light come on and did a mess of Googling and just wanted to post that before you do anything expensive, check the battery output. May be old news to the vets on here, but it turns out you can get that light to come on if your battery is wonky, which mine was. Put a charge on it and the light has been out for the last few days. Probably have a parasitic drain, which is another problem altogether, but at least this one is solved.

Good advice.

If your battery needed charging - it is probably on its way out. It is also a good idea to check and clean the battery terminal connectors and battery posts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca