Shift kits for the 545rfe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the shift kits for this transmission worth the time and money? What about a sharadon reworked valve body? Will they eventually get "tuned" out by the computer?

The reason I ask is because I have lost the ability to tune the transmission with my Trinity. I had a custom trans tune that I love but that is now gone. DS does not seem to care so I'm trying to find ways to get my shifts firmer and quicker. What will help?
Thanks

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Are the shift kits for this transmission worth the time and money? What about a sharadon reworked valve body? Will they eventually get "tuned" out by the computer?

The reason I ask is because I have lost the ability to tune the transmission with my Trinity. I had a custom trans tune that I love but that is now gone. DS does not seem to care so I'm trying to find ways to get my shifts firmer and quicker. What will help?
Thanks

SuperChips tuners will tune the trans. and you can change your shift points to your preference

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I never found shift kits to be all that great, I ran a Sharadon stage 3 VB in my '07 and it was a huge difference over stock, worth the money IMO.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SuperChips tuners will tune the trans. and you can change your shift points to your preference

Actually I ran a superchips with the advanced transmission tuning. I fought with it for about a year. The torque management adjustment feature never work and the shift schedule number were all fouled up. Superchips could not explain what was wrong. They swapped me to another flashpaq but had the same problem. They said I could upgrade to the vivid and would not have the issue but unfortunately I did. I honestly don't know what's up with the tuning on the transmission part.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I never found shift kits to be all that great, I ran a Sharadon stage 3 VB in my '07 and it was a huge difference over stock, worth the money IMO.
That may be the route I go if Diablo sport doesn't figure out the tuning problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where can I get one of these valve bodies? I know at one time I saw then on moes with no core charge but it looks like they don't offer them anymore.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You need to call Sharadon directly, either you can send your in or pay the extra for a core if they have some. their product is good, their service is not so much.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah that is just sad to hear. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they can hook me up.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like I'm going to wait a little while before I purchase the valve body.
I've also see Sonnax sells a line pressure booster. Is this worth the $40-$50? Or leave it alone?

I fabricated one years ago using the resistor and connectors. I went by the instructions from, I believe it was weedahoe. I installed it and reset my tcm and the first shift was so harsh I thought it broke something, on the truck and in my neck.... I pulled over, made sure everything was ok and tried it out again. That time it shifted to 2nd ok but then the trans acted like it lost prime and started slipping. It caused some codes so I pulled over again unplugged it and threw it away. It drove fine after that.