Should I lift my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 sport special edition, with the Hemi V8, rear wheel drive and standard/single cab. I love big, beefy, high lifted trucks and would love to transform my stock truck into my dream. Would lifting it 4 inches or higher (aiming for higher) and bigger tires be a stupid idea? I get mixed answers on lifting a sport, telling me to drop it and add slicks but thats the opposite of what I want. Should I also level? I'm not the smartest when it comes to this stuff and dont want to drop thousands for nothing. Thank you!!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Your money, your truck do what you like.It'll look good. Just don't tell people its a 2wd. ;)

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
What experience do you have driving a lifted truck? It changes the handling and performance significantly. You may spend a bunch of money and once the new wears off dislike how it drives. Or not.

I like a higher truck for the visibility. I don’t like the reduction in acceleration and braking, and the increase in side to side roll.