Signs of being in a flood?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That makes sense, we have had a fair amount of rain the last two days. I guess I should look into fixing that, is it odd that I didn't find any water at the back base of the cab? Here is a picture of some of the rust behind the radio, is that typical?
View attachment 508438
With limited experience I would say no, not typical.

However, some interior framing components in the 4th gens were untreated metal, and some signs of rusting are almost always present. It's possible that a long term interior leak accelerated rust on those areas. I've worked on flood cars, there are usually serious signs of water and mud everywhere, especially electrical connectors.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 81552 miles

OP
OP
Zeppy

Zeppy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the feedback, right now it is at the dealership for a bricked 8.4 Uconnect.