Slow starting issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiekimberly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 2wd, auto that I love dearly, but am having an issue with it. It is slow to crank sporadically. When it is hard to start it also sputters and stutters for a few seconds, then straightens out and runs fine till I cut it off again. Some days it barely does it, somedays it barely doesn't do it. I have fixed or repaired almost every serviceable part on the thing. New Hughes Plenum Kit, ditributor, wires, plugs, battery, coil, fuel pump (July 2012), coolant temp sensor, tps, IAC has been thoroughly cleaned a couple times, checked the fuel pressure just yesterday ( checked the fuel pressure and it runs consistently at 50lbs. When I switch it off, it drops to 48lbs then after about 10 seconds it drops to 44lbs and stays there). Even replaced the PCM a couple weeks ago after it broke down on my significant other on her way home from work, What can be causing the hard to start condition?