SLT to Laramie upgrade Project Fully loaded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokey Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2013, 2014
Engine
4.7 Magnum, 5.7 Hemi, 6.7 Cummins
Hey guys long time no post, after having my 3rd gen sit for months only needing the speed sensor in the rear diff and a major exhaust leak from the passanger side manifold fixed, I finally got the motivation to start working on thw truck as I have big *hint hint* plans for it, as for now I want to cover the interior, I went to my nearest pick and pull and got the 60/40 rear 2 tone Laramie seat with the black leather with grey cloth insert and metal fold out flat things. I also grabbed the passanger side sun visor. My 03 slt doesn't have an illuminated passenger visor so I'm wondering if there's a hidden wire for the visor or will I have to get a harness from a Laramie to make the lights work?

First pic is the visor in my truck and the following 2 pics are of the visor I just got

Edit, the visor I got from a Laramie truck was a 2004-2005 ram

fbcae9c32b8117484be9667232c94c7a.jpgee218a79f7edf4b0d3b6cbaf2a48b74f.jpgb983ab6d7e97ce36293048d1ceb82bde.jpg

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Smokey Ram

Smokey Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2013, 2014
Engine
Pull down the window support column cover and look.
Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately. I dont have the time to see for my self as I work non stop. Finding the time to go to the pick an pull was hard enough. The reason for asking is for knowledgeable, helpful people to reply with their findings as possibly they might have wondered the same and looked for them selfs and maybe someone knows the answer to my question.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh please...you're gonna find out one way or the other when you go to install it, as he said it's a whopping 3 bolts. Betting it takes longer to **** than drop those to see if there's a pigtail. Besides, if there isn't, according to you when are you going to have the time to drop the headliner to run a pigtail to it? At some point you have to pull up your big boy pants and just find out for yourself lol.

OP
OP
Smokey Ram

Smokey Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2013, 2014
Engine
Oh please...you're gonna find out one way or the other when you go to install it, as he said it's a whopping 3 bolts. Betting it takes longer to **** than drop those to see if there's a pigtail. Besides, if there isn't, according to you when are you going to have the time to drop the headliner to run a pigtail to it? At some point you have to pull up your big boy pants and just find out for yourself lol.
Had no idea a simple yes or no question. Needed this much explaining. This truck is my least important project. I barely ever drive this truck not to mention I got 4 other cars in the works so this truck is the least of my worries. Id just like to know what I need so when I do go get parts I have everything I need and I can do it in one shot. Besides this truck is in storage 1 hour away opposite from home and work.. Not laziness just got better things to worry about. Thanks for your feedback.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
To follow your method of punctuation lol:
This question. Isn't necessarily a. Yes or no. Question. Build variations. Happen. May have. Pigtail, may. Not. Isn't just. Laramies that. Have them. SLT's can as. Well. Only way you'll. Know. For sure is. To look.

OP
OP
Smokey Ram

Smokey Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2013, 2014
Engine
To follow your method of punctuation lol:
This question. Isn't necessarily a. Yes or no. Question. Build variations. Happen. May have. Pigtail, may. Not. Isn't just. Laramies that. Have them. SLT's can as. Well. Only way you'll. Know. For sure is. To look.
Just going slow for you guys to understand. Thats all. Thanks for a wayyy more useful answer this time.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just going slow for you guys to understand. Thats all. Thanks for a wayyy more useful answer this time.

Based on your previous answers I had simply surmised this was your normal mode of thinking and speaking (granny gear). Word of advice, don't be a **** if you get a simple straightforward answer (especially if it's the most correct one) just because you don't like it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Smokey Ram

Smokey Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2013, 2014
Engine
Based on your previous answers I had simply surmised this was your normal mode of thinking and speaking (granny gear). Word of advice, don't be a **** if you get a simple straightforward answer (especially if it's the most correct one) just because you don't like it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Why would I be a **** if i got a simple straightforward answer!? Thats what im looking for! I didn't come here to be told to unscrew it, obvisoly if I had the time to do that I wouldnt be here now would I!?

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a straightforward answer. Everyone's truck is different. Some will have the pigtail, some will not. My truck had a pigtail at the bottom of the A-pillar, but was missing everything above that.

Your visor has a 2 pin harness. 1 hot wire, 1 ground. Pull your A-pillar trim panel, find a 12V hot wire, and splice into it.

OP
OP
Smokey Ram

Smokey Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2013, 2014
Engine
Here's a straightforward answer. Everyone's truck is different. Some will have the pigtail, some will not. My truck had a pigtail at the bottom of the A-pillar, but was missing everything above that.

Your visor has a 2 pin harness. 1 hot wire, 1 ground. Pull your A-pillar trim panel, find a 12V hot wire, and splice into it.
If only you commented first, thank you.