sluggish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What can make a 4.7 more sluggish than what it already is, and recommended fixes? I've been plagued for a while with sluggish and bogged down feeling primarily in lower gears. Not really sure what else to say, wife pulled a trailer with a 4 wheeler on it today and she said going uphill it was struggling

natedefelice

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I gave mine a complete tune up and have zero issues pulling my zero turn (2k with trailer) and filling the bed with mulch or soil.

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Define complete tune up

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My first guesses I wanna take a look at the throttle position sensor, idle air control valve, O2 sensors, and fuel injectors. Any good way to really test these? I don't want to be just throwing parts at it if I don't need to. Throttle body has been cleaned and has no gunk in it

Izzyb47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar 4.7l
Complete tune-up would be cleaning the entire AI and removing and cleaning the throttle body, remove all sensors from the throttle body and clean the idle airsensor with maf sensor cleaner. Sparkplugs be sure to neverseize. and then see where that leaves you.