Smoothest AT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I had a set of BFGs KO2s and had 60k plus on them and they still looked good, love the tire except if you drive alot of gravel.
Had the terra grapplers as well had a ton of miles on them and they still looked good when i sold the truck and loved everything about them except offroad the flat sucked.
Both wore great and both were quiet, but when I change out my tires I will be going with BFGs again, shoot I had a set of BFG MTs that I got 55k out of so I might go that way again and they were pretty quiet as well.
The Toyo MTs on my last truck were great tires except they were wearing out faster then I thought they should have been.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
funny,i've only been stuck in mud twice pulling my boat out of a lake and had to use the winch. surprise,bfg's .they suck in the mud.they're not a bad tire,just not good in mud.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i would look at the micky thompson at tires.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I have a set a MTZ on my 69 and really like them and am surprised at how well the work in snow, they are quiet for a mud tire as well.
It had AT goodyears on it when I bought it and it rides and handles way better with these on.

Attachments

• IMG_20121027_151110_575.jpg
    IMG_20121027_151110_575.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 61

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set a MTZ on my 69 and really like them and am surprised at how well the work in snow, they are quiet for a mud tire as well.
It had AT goodyears on it when I bought it and it rides and handles way better with these on.
Awesome truck

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Thanks, I have been tossing around the idea of putting the MTZ on my Ram and staying with a 17" rim and getting some 35s for the 69 as those are 305s on it now.

lmangold408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I've owned a lot of trucks and my last four have been diesel (Rams). The best tire so far has been the Toyo ATII Extreme with 30K on them when I changed them out. Tried BFG AT and they wouldn't balance, Goodyear Silent Armor and they were shot at 20K, Goodyear Wranglers and broke belts in two of them with denied warranty, Cooper AT3 and they wouldn't balance, Cooper ST Maxx loved them but sold the truck with 15K on them, Nitto AT and the were shot at 20K. I ordered some of the Continentals this summer, but only two came in after two weeks. Discount Tire offered me Michelin M/S at the same price, so I took them. After 5K, they had to swap one out due to a broken belt. My next set will be the Continentals.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had good luck with Cooper AT3 on my last truck (non Ram). They were quiet and smooth for an AT tire. No issues with balance. They were wearing great, but I wrecked the truck and will never know how many miles I could have gotten on the tires. I had about 20k on them and they still had lots of tread left. Now have 2018 Ram with stock tires....will change out to either Cooper or Toyo when the time comes.

jeeplj8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have run Hankook DynaPro AT/M on the last 3 trucks, about 500K miles total. I generally get at least 80K miles out of set. Full disclosure - I can get 50K out of summer tires on my Challenger that most people report done at 30k, LOTS of highway miles. I have also run Goodyear Wrangler SR_A (they suck), Kevlar AT's (GREAT off road, but really noise and hard to balance) BFG A/T KO and KO2 (really good off road, great snow and low noise at first, but get REALLY noisy after some miles), General Grabber II (actually really liked this tire, but limited sizes available), Michelin LTX II (worst tire ever, ever!).

I have run the Hankook's mostly on 3/4 ton trucks, and they are always more compliant than anything else I have tried, very low highway noise (I drive 60K a year on average). What always impressed me was they were great in snow, talking 18 inches plus, ice storms (midwest - go figure). ghost town trails in western Colorado as well as muddy fields, and the most important, algae covered boat ramps.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I have run Hankook DynaPro AT/M on the last 3 trucks, about 500K miles total. I generally get at least 80K miles out of set. Full disclosure - I can get 50K out of summer tires on my Challenger that most people report done at 30k, LOTS of highway miles. I have also run Goodyear Wrangler SR_A (they suck), Kevlar AT's (GREAT off road, but really noise and hard to balance) BFG A/T KO and KO2 (really good off road, great snow and low noise at first, but get REALLY noisy after some miles), General Grabber II (actually really liked this tire, but limited sizes available), Michelin LTX II (worst tire ever, ever!).

I have run the Hankook's mostly on 3/4 ton trucks, and they are always more compliant than anything else I have tried, very low highway noise (I drive 60K a year on average). What always impressed me was they were great in snow, talking 18 inches plus, ice storms (midwest - go figure). ghost town trails in western Colorado as well as muddy fields, and the most important, algae covered boat ramps.

I am with you on the Hankook ATM tires! Love these tires.

Don't try Michelin AT2 tires (or whatever newer version they may have now). More like an aggressive highway tire than an All Terrain; great on pavement and rain, but even just a mild dusting of snow, and they lost all traction (and thats with 300+ lbs in the back).

jeeplj8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am with you on the Hankook ATM tires! Love these tires.

Don't try Michelin AT2 tires (or whatever newer version they may have now). More like an aggressive highway tire than an All Terrain; great on pavement and rain, but even just a mild dusting of snow, and they lost all traction (and thats with 300+ lbs in the back).

My last truck had them installed brand new when I bought it. The Michelins turned boat ramps into a potentially deadly adventure every time.