So... '20 or '21?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awpratt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I doubt the ‘21s will have uconnect 5, as the Rams usually follow suit after the Pacificas. Depending on what tech you like, the ‘21s will have trailer steering, heads up display on the windshield, cargo cam, digital rear view mirror, pedestrian emergency braking, and power folding tow mirrors with surround view as new features. You didn’t say what trim level you’re looking at, but 10k off is usually easily attainable on a limited.
Does this mean that us that have 2020's and lost our power folding tow mirrors may be able to upgrade after the 2021's are out, still waiting on my 2020 I ordered to be built and delivered. I have the power fold tow mirrors on my 2017 and will miss that option.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does this mean that us that have 2020's and lost our power folding tow mirrors may be able to upgrade after the 2021's are out, still waiting on my 2020 I ordered to be built and delivered. I have the power fold tow mirrors on my 2017 and will miss that option.
Yup. Once they make the parts available to buy, you’ll be able to swap them on.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I know they have it, and I'll admit I haven't tried it in the ram, but I haven't found a wireless charger yet that works well through a hd phone case. So I automatically disregard that feature. If it works well through a hd case, that would be awesome

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have a 2020 Longhorn with the phone drop in charger and it works fine even through my case ... I also have one on an end table in my living room that I bought off Amazon and it too works very well ... My wife also uses the one in the house and her case is thicker than mine ...

Tunaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No matter what you do you get bit stuck in and broke off every time you trade vehicles......but I'd do the 20...

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
That's what my dealer said as well. As long as this frickin' virus thing doesn't shut everything down again.

It's not the virus but the idiots who refuse to wear a mask and refuse to socially distance themselves. Other countries have brought the coronavirus under control including China, South Korea, New Zealand, and even Italy. Of course they also have centralized healthcare instead of a thousand different counties and private hospitals as we have in the U.S. so they are naturally going to be more effective with a pandemic. We have the orange idiot in the oval office who has never had to directly take charge of anything.

Americans are banned from traveling to Europe, banned from Canada, banned from Central and South America, banned from Australia, and banned from New Zealand. It does simplify travel planning.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
well folks in other countries have grown up for generations being told what to do by the government in most aspects of their life so are more sheeplike than americans. still only 1% of the folks in my state have had it and .014% have died from it so most folks here arent as scared of it here as in some other areas. doesnt bother me not to visit any of those places. plenty to see in the u.s. for me

Dontra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI Etorque
If air can go through the mask so can the virus. The best course of action is be as healthy as possible.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Wow, did a 2020 vs 2021 model year thread just turn into a COVID-19 debate?

Back on track... to each their own, but I made the decision and bought a 2020 off a dealer lot here. Manufactured in June, took a little bit to get here, but when it did, I snagged it, as it had all the options I wanted plus some. Especially once I saw reports of people ordering 2021s that UConnect 5 wasn't on them, that sealed the deal for me.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, did a 2020 vs 2021 model year thread just turn into a COVID-19 debate?

Back on track... to each their own, but I made the decision and bought a 2020 off a dealer lot here. Manufactured in June, took a little bit to get here, but when it did, I snagged it, as it had all the options I wanted plus some. Especially once I saw reports of people ordering 2021s that UConnect 5 wasn't on them, that sealed the deal for me.

Yea, didn't take long to derail into politics... thanks for getting it back on topic!

Anyway, I did decide to order a 21. Really disappointed that UConnect 5 is not a part of the mix, but they have added some nice tech for 21. Also, I got exactly the truck I wanted by ordering.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Yea, didn't take long to derail into politics... thanks for getting it back on topic!

Anyway, I did decide to order a 21. Really disappointed that UConnect 5 is not a part of the mix, but they have added some nice tech for 21. Also, I got exactly the truck I wanted by ordering.

Cool. Yeah, if this one hadn't come along, I may have just ended up waiting to see 2021s on the lots. I am very picky about my options (I like the toys unfortunately). I'm not a huge fan of ordering these days with the factory situations.

And to be clear, I was not trying to rag on anyone that was in the debate earlier, I was just surprised by how fast the thread went sideways. :waytogo:

Njt07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 etorque
Im still on the fence about the new Ram or new F150, but the two main draws for me are the Ram boxes and much nicer drive experience. The f150 has much better powertrain and payload though...

im waiting till august next year to make a decision.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why on earth is this being argued about on a vehicle forum in a thread about 2020 vs 2021 ram trucks?
I think it's my own fault. I simply said the delivery date for my new Ram could be effected by factory slow-downs. Can I retract that comment? :-0

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
you would need to get a pretty good discount if buying the '20 when the '21 models are just around the corner and your '20 would soon be considered a model year older. I have bought year end before but have been real aggressive in haggling the price down. they want to clear them out so you may get a good enough deal.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Here's the way I look at it. The next model year will always have something new. It's the same with any changing technology. I'd drive myself crazy every time I bought a new vehicle if I looked at the next model year and thought to myself...Damn, I wish I would have waited for next year. I would take advantage of the deal on the 2020 if it has everything you want, and you're happy not having the rambox option. I know you're on the fence about that. Personally, I won't buy another Ram truck without it, unless they end up discontinuing them for some reason.
The last three Rams I bought were old stock. The next new year models were on the lot with them. Yes, I have to be flexible with my wish list but not so much with my checkbook. It’s just a matter of personal priorities. If you can’t stand the thought of not having the latest greatest thing, or are determined to have a certain option, price be damned. Then by all means, it’s your money, spend it to get it. I’m just not that particular in regards to bells and whistles on a vehicle.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm more interested in the cosmetic changes that are rumored for 2021.

Dealer keeps texting me deals on 2020's.....nope, gotta see the 2021 HD.

Z1006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm more interested in the cosmetic changes that are rumored for 2021.

Dealer keeps texting me deals on 2020's.....nope, gotta see the 2021 HD.

What are the rumored cosmetic changes? I have only heard about the new tech.