So my 2018 ram 6.4 hemi 2500 bighorn has crap toyo at 275/70r18 tires.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich Graves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm looking for slightly wider GOOD all terrain mud,snow,ice,gravel highway tire. What have y'all found.lookin at hancook or nokian around 200 per tire. And should BBC n I stick with 275/70r18's? Thanx peeps!

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
The Goodyear Duratrac tires are getting a lot of good rep. I’ve had them on two trucks now and they do get noisy as they wear. But they grip well.

That said I’ll probably replace these with BFG when I next buy tires.

Since you’re on 18’s already, might take a look at 285/75. That’s a 35” tire. Stock size on the Ford Tremor off road pkg.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
If you dont need to go in deep mud than a wide tire is nog really needed. You will get better traction on the snow and moderate mud with a skinny (regulare width) tire.

That said my top choices for an AT are

Cooper AT3 XLT (or any of their AT’s)
BFG KO2
Toyo AT2 (and the “AT2 Extreme”)
Nitto Terra Grappler G2
Toyo RT (not as good on ice but good in mud)

And the Nitto Ridge Grappler is become very popular.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
How much snow are you talking in the winter? I'm running duratracs year round in Maine. I drive up and over a mountain to work 5 days a week. These tires are awesome in the snow. They make some noise (mine are 35x12.5) but nothing crazy imo. Have not had any issues in rain. Cooper has some nice options. If you do a lot off road, you may not want duratracs as they have a thinner sidewall. My top 3 would be duratracs, bfg ko2, Cooper at

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't know where this "crap Toyo tire" nonsense came from. They're great tires and they are not cheap. If you're looking for a nice for the dollar all terrain tire that bust your wallet yet give good all-weather performance then I'd look at the Falken (Sumitomo Tire Co) A/TW3. I've been running them on my Jeep for the past two years and love them.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
My truck(same) came with Maypops, I mean Firestones. So far pretty good at 6k miles. Nice looking AT tire. They used different brands throughout 2018 for the 2500's?

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck(same) came with Maypops, I mean Firestones. So far pretty good at 6k miles. Nice looking AT tire. They used different brands throughout 2018 for the 2500's?

Which Firestone? Destination ATs?

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, Transforce AT.

Do not know that one. A ran a set of the Destination All-Terrains on a truck a few years back. Found them to be a great "all around" tire for a truck running highways and dirt roads.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Do not know that one. A ran a set of the Destination All-Terrains on a truck a few years back. Found them to be a great "all around" tire for a truck running highways and dirt roads.

I like these for a "stock" tire.
They look pretty good, beefy enough, and quiet. At 6k miles they are wearing well. Traction is very good. Haven't been in a situation to really push them like deep snow/deep mud but they have done well in moderate depths so far.

I have the Goodyear Adventure AT's on my '02 and I was very happy with them.
Pretty much the Goodyear version of the Firestones. Beefy enough, moderately aggressive and quiet. Those have somewhere around 30k miles on them and were wearing very well, still had PLENTY of life left on them. Never ever got stuck or skid out with these.