Software update bricks my Setting Screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRT Don

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have had the exact same problem with my 2022 Ram 2500 diesel. I set up a second driver profile and it allowed me to get to settings, where I did a factory reset which took about 4 or 5 minutes to complete. Once the factory reset finished, everything was back to when I drove off the lot. I will have to reset all the preferences and re-pair my phone, but at least it is working now. By the way, I contacted my dealer's service dept before I found this thread in the forum and they could not get me in before sometime in Sept. Thanks to all for the help in fixing this problem.

OP
OP
B

BobK

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have had the exact same problem with my 2022 Ram 2500 diesel. I set up a second driver profile and it allowed me to get to settings, where I did a factory reset which took about 4 or 5 minutes to complete. Once the factory reset finished, everything was back to when I drove off the lot. I will have to reset all the preferences and re-pair my phone, but at least it is working now. By the way, I contacted my dealer's service dept before I found this thread in the forum and they could not get me in before sometime in Sept. Thanks to all for the help in fixing this problem.
Same for me.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sad that you need a degree in computer science to work on new cars now. All by design, of course, to get more $$$ for the manufacturer.

OP
OP
B

BobK

Reaction score
Ram Year
I've been restoring a 1953 Chevy 5-window pickup truck for the past 18 months (almost done), but as I've told both of my adult sons, none of the cars on the road today will ever become "classic" collectors cars for two simple reasons, the plastic parts will not hold up over time and it will be difficult if not impossible to manufacture these parts, but more importantly the computers used to diagnose the problems will be long gone and not available. Can you imagine diagnosing your mid-80's car on a Commoder-64 today?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've been restoring a 1953 Chevy 5-window pickup truck for the past 18 months (almost done), but as I've told both of my adult sons, none of the cars on the road today will ever become "classic" collectors cars for two simple reasons, the plastic parts will not hold up over time and it will be difficult if not impossible to manufacture these parts, but more importantly the computers used to diagnose the problems will be long gone and not available. Can you imagine diagnosing your mid-80's car on a Commoder-64 today?
The diagnostic port on my '87 Ford Ranger was on the end of a harness under the hood. It had no protective cap so, of course, got packed up with dirt and a mud wasp nest within a couple months so it was iffy trusting any codes that popped up.