Some Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
The drop pitman arm will correct the steering linkage angle for the small lift you have. You would look for a 3" drop pitman arm.

Pull the rear diff cover draining the oil and look for metal bits/shavings, pull the rear drive shaft and check the u joints for binding or slop, grab the tail shaft housing of the xcase and see how much it moves, it will a little but should be no more than 1/2 inch anyway moved.

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Will the pitman arm bring any noticeable difference to the way the truck handles?

I will do all that soon. However, tomorrow I got another 45 min drive so ill see how she does.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Maybe a little. you have bump steer going on, to a point that is. It will help with the steering end of things.

Magnum5.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
01 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Sorry to somewhat jack this thread but Bass do you think these issues are coming from the lift you put on? You're thread has me rethinking but the lift on mine lol

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Sorry to somewhat jack this thread but Bass do you think these issues are coming from the lift you put on? You're thread has me rethinking but the lift on mine lol

It might have made a small dent in the issue but dont let me influence your decision lol