Southern State DMV laws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok guys I have compiled a few of the laws that I know of from the area where I live. It seems that a lot of misinformation is going around the internet and I wanted to share some of what I know as fact for those of us that live the truck life.

To start off I will add this, if anyone has knowledge of the laws in their particular area then feel free to add them here.

Mississippi DMV basic laws:

Light laws:

1 Forward facing lights:
Headlights shall be white in color.
Running/parking lights shall be amber or white (some areas go by the literal definition where the lens must be amber)
Turn signals must be amber.
HiD's are allowed in proper housings made for them.
Blue lights are strictly forbidden except in public safety vehicles (this carries a $500 fine).
Flashing lights are reserved for emergency vehicles.

2 Rear facing lights
Brake and running lights must be red (some areas go by the literal law and state the lens must be red).
Reverse lights must be white
License plate lights must be white
Turn signals can be either red or amber
Vehicles equipped with third brake lights must have them red in color

3 Auxillary lighting:
Front:
No more than 2 extra sets of lights may be equipped, and no more than 4 total white lights can be on at one time
All lighting facing forward can only be: white, yellow, or amber
All extra lighting must be properly aimed if used on the highway

Rear:
No more than 4 extra set of lights shall be facing rearward
No rear facing light shall be turned on while driving on-road

4 Flashing lights:

Flashing lights are reserved for emergency vehicles only

If I find more pertaining to lighting I will add it. But to go on with other laws:

Vehicle Height:
Nothing can hang lower than the scrub line of the rim/tire union.

Here is from Pa: http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/pub_45/appendix.pdf

It gives a lot of god information and tells how to determine the scrub line.

Now Mississippi is the most offroad friendly state and here are the laws that pertain to us: Mississippi Lift Laws | Vehicle Modification Rules

Again there are a ton more laws so before you do anything to your baby check your local laws first. A ticket is not worth the hassle of something that may be illegal in your state.

Most of what I have put above can be used in every state, but please check yours first.:fishing1: