Spark plug change -Done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1500ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just completed changing all 16 plugs in my truck, took me 4 1/4 hours from start to finish.

Overall it went well with some minor frustrations, had to cut down some socket extension bars as I have not got any of the 2 or 3 inch long ones, plus the flexi joint was too wide to go in the plug holes.

Feeling pretty pleased with myself :) :) now it's time for a beer :favorites13:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It does suck lol, but so awesome when done!

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Just completed changing all 16 plugs in my truck, took me 4 1/4 hours from start to finish.

Overall it went well with some minor frustrations, had to cut down some socket extension bars as I have not got any of the 2 or 3 inch long ones, plus the flexi joint was too wide to go in the plug holes.

Well done,
this is the one magic tool that does all of them with minimum hassle.
opy6.jpg

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good job man! I need to so this badly to my truck! I need to go out and buy everything needed though since I never done spark plug change and plus apparently my sockets went missing. So if anyone has any great pointers on what all to get that be great!

OP
OP
S

Steve1500ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This picture shows pretty much everything I used....would add a 2" extension bar too though.
Next time going to try something like Redtruck suggested above though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 31

LocoTex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Good job bud !! I also changed mine a couple weeks ago. Took a few more beers than I thought but we got it done !!

Gfsuperman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did my own tune up recently and did half one day (the hard side) and the easy side the next day. I found that the furthest one on the "easy" (passenger side) was hardest of all!! Took me 2 hours just to get that last one. Only because I noticed that the clip holding the a/c air lines is directly above the angle of the spark plug being removed. Was hard to position the mini extension and swivel and wratchet. Was tempted to take it in just To have my mechanic do the last one lol. Though might have helped if I took of the resonator. Only removed the airbox and hose.

Gfsuperman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a question for you guys. I forgot to mention I didn't put any silicon on the ceramic part... Is that bad? I put anti seize but no silicon

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was super disappointed not to find a single how to for us 4th gen guys on this site, but I followed the 3rd gen write up and it was pretty much the same. So I'm thankful for the write up.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I was super disappointed not to find a single how to for us 4th gen guys on this site, but I followed the 3rd gen write up and it was pretty much the same. So I'm thankful for the write up.

If you couldn't find a write up and did your plugs, why didn't you make a write up? :flipthebird:

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
I have a question for you guys. I forgot to mention I didn't put any silicon on the ceramic part... Is that bad? I put anti seize but no silicon

There's a chance that the heat from the engine could make the boot could stick to the plug making the next change a headache.

Gfsuperman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's a chance that the heat from the engine could make the boot could stick to the plug making the next change a headache.

Oh don't tell me that... So I gotta get back in there huh? Lol

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Nightmare sparkplug change

Aw c'mon you can do it. All you have do is take off the coil packs and rub some silicone on the inside of the boot with a Q-tip. Then you can sleep better at night. ;)