Sporty all season tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemisport5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone replaced their POS Goodyear RSA tires on the 20” rims? Mine have cracking in the sidewall after just 13,000 miles. Dealers tell me they aren’t covered under the 3 year bumper to bumper warrarnty. What BS that is!! Anyways I’m hoping to replace them at some point, any suggestions on a sporty all season tire would be great.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have General HTS60 - long life, x load, handle well, really like the load rating.

I had Michelin Defenders E Load when I had 17" wheels - wear great, handle well, bit pricey - would think the 20's would be just as good.

Both are all season tires, not off road

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely recommend Michelin premier ltx. Great all weather grip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely recommend Michelin premier ltx. Great performance street all season tire

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
If you want the Michelin check out Costco as they normally have them on sale there.

antd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are you looking for a street tire/ performance , or aggressive off-road . Not sure what you're definition of sporty is . I'm running a 295/60/20 nitto ridge grappler . Tire is great so far it's a cross between an all terrain and off road tire , only have 200 miles on them, but no complaints . No road noise nice riding tire , good in wet condition and eats the Mudd up . Just my opinion on a good all around tire .
Has anyone replaced their POS Goodyear RSA tires on the 20” rims? Mine have cracking in the sidewall after just 13,000 miles. Dealers tell me they aren’t covered under the 3 year bumper to bumper warrarnty. What BS that is!! Anyways I’m hoping to replace them at some point, any suggestions on a sporty all season tire would be great.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I have always liked the BF Goodrich TA K/O series, or what I currently have on Toyo Open Country ATIII

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The Stock Badyears SUCK.

I put Michelin Defender LTXs on 7K miles ago. Great stock highway tire.

I went through COSTCO because of the free road hazard warranty, free nitrogen fills and free rotations.

When I bought them the tech showed me where two of my 20" rims were dinged (I knew it: from potholes) and one didn't balance above 65MPH. I bought two used OEM replacements from an RF member and COSTCO remounted them and transferred the TPMS sensors with new stems for $35 during my free rotation last weekend. Most tire places would have hit me for about $30+ each.
Of course, you have to pay for membership at COSTCO, but its worth it to me! :pepper::rocking::badger_1::banana-mario::***::peace::rockit::waytogo::bowroflwerd6:

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been seriously considering the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Does anyone have the Amp or Fuel A/T tires? If so, what are your reviews on them?

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaced the goodyears at 23k with some Nitto 421q. Look awesome, much better traction, great in the rain. Got em from discounttire direct during memorial day sale. With rebates it was basically buy 3 get one free.

OP
OP
hemisport5.7

hemisport5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you looking for a street tire/ performance , or aggressive off-road . Not sure what you're definition of sporty is . I'm running a 295/60/20 nitto ridge grappler . Tire is great so far it's a cross between an all terrain and off road tire , only have 200 miles on them, but no complaints . No road noise nice riding tire , good in wet condition and eats the Mudd up . Just my opinion on a good all around tire .

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I’m not looking for anything with crazy performance ratings but I do want them to look sporty on my single cab sport. I’ve never really been a fan of aggressive off road tires on the single cabs. I don’t mind the tread pattern on the RSA tires I just hate how they ride and the side walls look horrible.

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Michelin Defender LTX are the best, but they are pricey. If you are looking for a slightly aggressive tread that rides well and is quiet, I've been pleased with my Goodyear Trailrunners. I replaced my SRA's within 1000 miles, as they were all bad. Goodyear replaced them with any GY tires, though I would have to pay the difference if more expensive. They were only $120 a piece, I have 265/70/17's.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Thoughts:

The stock tires seem to be holding up pretty well on mine - same stock tires right down to the model # (I checked), so I don't believe the previous owner (Enterprise Rent-A-Car - it was a fleet truck) has changed them out, though it might be a possibility. Bought the truck used at just shy of 20k miles, they still have quite a bit of meat left on the treads, etc.) I figure in 5k miles or so I'll look at getting new ones.

I do know that tires are generally not covered under any warranty unless you yourself buy tires (then whoever sold the tires to you generally offers warranty and road-hazard coverage on a pro-rated basis.)

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been seriously considering the Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Does anyone have the Amp or Fuel A/T tires? If so, what are your reviews on them?

Do it. Falkens AT3W are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Firestone Destination LE2's 20180603_133932.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads