Squeak!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyenne14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ever since I installed leveling shocks up front I have had a bad squeak. Seems like every few days I'm spraying WD40 to stop the squeak but it always come back (especially when the roads are wet.) I know what is causing the noise - the top bolt is rubbing the strut tower.

:help:Anyone have advise on a better product than WD? or a solution to this problem?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where is the squeek? If its where the rubber bushing is for the bottom of the strut try silicone spray as oil based sprays eventually dry rot rubber.

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
marine grade grease? will wear longer and not wash off, not a solution just better than wd40...

OP
OP
Cheyenne14

Cheyenne14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where is the squeek? If its where the rubber bushing is for the bottom of the strut try silicone spray as oil based sprays eventually dry rot rubber.

Im pretty sure it is at the top of the strut tower. The top bolt that comes through the tower is rubbing on the outer part of the hole. Ive greased that up with WD and it goes away for a few days

InspectGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 JEEP GC SRT8
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Im pretty sure it is at the top of the strut tower. The top bolt that comes through the tower is rubbing on the outer part of the hole. Ive greased that up with WD and it goes away for a few days

WD-40 is technically not a lubricant...WD stands for Water Displacement and is really more of a solvent...