Squeaky Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an irritating "squeaky" noise that sounds like is coming from the transfer case shifter area. It started a few months ago and was an occasional noise. Now its getting to be noisy all the time. It appears to make the most noise under acceleration when there's more torque happening.

Anybody else experience this? Anybody have any ideas what it could be? Truck has less than 23,000 miles on it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I have no idea, but something too look at is drive shaft itself, there seams to be some of these issues especially in new rams.

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wiggle these two wires I’ll bet it’s what you’re talking about. I put some rubber hose around these two things and it all went away. Like you it was driving me crazy every time I get in and out of the truck. Hopefully it’s the same thing you’re talking about

image.jpg

image.jpg

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just reread your original post. Perhaps I’m talking about something different. Sorry.

OP
OP
M

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just reread your original post. Perhaps I’m talking about something different. Sorry.
Yeah, mine is quiet getting in and out of the truck. It's most prominent when accelerating or decelerating. I'll get under it and take a look. Just thought someone else might have had the same issue.

Thanks for the help!

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have an irritating "squeaky" noise that sounds like is coming from the transfer case shifter area. It started a few months ago and was an occasional noise. Now its getting to be noisy all the time. It appears to make the most noise under acceleration when there's more torque happening.

Anybody else experience this? Anybody have any ideas what it could be? Truck has less than 23,000 miles on it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi @Mace Peveler - If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares