Srt differential

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if I can install a 2wd srt differential on my 4x4 whit the same gear ratio? Something is different or are they the same?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does anyone know if I can install a 2wd srt differential on my 4x4 whit the same gear ratio? Something is different or are they the same?

The SRT-10 rear diff is a Dana 60 and it is used in both the regular cab and quad cab versions. The rear diff in your 2005 model is a 9.25 Corporate rear diff and they are totally different.

OP
OP
Diro

Diro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The SRT-10 rear diff is a Dana 60 and it is used in both the regular cab and quad cab versions. The rear diff in your 2005 model is a 9.25 Corporate rear diff and they are totally different.

Thanks for letting me know. I’m looking to install a posi diff and can’t find one

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for letting me know. I’m looking to install a posi diff and can’t find one

You can always hit the local salvage yard and snag one from any number of 2002-2008 ram 1500's. Just need to see the donor truck has a Trak-Lok in it from the Factory. You will be able to tell once you remove the diff cover for inspection.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don't let him scare you, quad cab version is a physical bolt in, just need a custom driveshaft to mate them. QC rear only came in 4.56 so you would need to convert your front differential to that if you went through with it. Do NOT use a reg cab version as they are undersprung to lower the truck. This is mine:

DSC01386.JPG

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I wasn't trying to scare him at all. When I read his question I only wanted to give him the info for the Trak-Lok diff case because he was asking about it. I made the assumption that he was only wanting to install a limited slip in the rear instead of swapping in the SRT"s Dana 60 and having to change the gears in the front diff too.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The real question is why do you want to do this? You aren't making enough power to need it. It's honestly more effort than you need to go through. Would be easier and cheaper just to buy an LSD to install in your stock 9¼.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
HemiLinestar is correct here. The 9.25 Corporate axle will handle a limited slip behind your 5.7 HEMI 4x4.

Do you have plans in the near future to highly modify the motor? Maybe a supercharger or some heavy spray?

OP
OP
Diro

Diro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HemiLinestar is correct here. The 9.25 Corporate axle will handle a limited slip behind your 5.7 HEMI 4x4.

Do you have plans in the near future to highly modify the motor? Maybe a supercharger or some heavy spray?

Honestly i don’t have any crazy idea right now. The rear end is about to go and I find a deal with one srt smashed. I’m not looking to crazy mods but if I have to replace mine at this point I’ll try to find a posi so I’ll kill two birds with one stone

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any 1500 rear 2002 to 2008 will work for you, more of them were built with LSD than without. If you don't actually need it, go with the one that is plug and play and isn't gonna cost you extra to install (plus require you to change your front gears as well).